Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ss tk - Sturmbann V "Brandenburg"

Article about: Dimas, If I understood you comment correctly, then, Yes, it did exist, as there is a famous picture of Michael Lippert sitting next to Eicke and he is wearing the Roman V tab. Picture shown

Default Re: Ss tk - Sturmbann V "Brandenburg"

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    I agree that the tunic has possibilities. The collar tabs and eagle are fakes. I can't tell on the shoulder board.

Bob Hritz
    All insignia were restored from the owner (which knows now these are fakes... hope so...)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"
    P
    Many

and... here with the "matching" breeches...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"   Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"  

Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Contrast to this sample. The SSTV drill tunic had the Fischgrat Muster in the examples I have seen, and in this patch so marked. Shea had one of these for sale ex the Beaver book, and I owned a stripped one in the early 1970s that was identical in cut to the black uniform. I do not like the collar and lapels of the piece you post. Notice that the patch I include is half linen-drill, which the piece you enclose is not, which is meaningless. If I were going to jump off the bridge for an SSTV uniform, I would want one that conformed more or less rigorously to this textile as well as pattern.

The Fischgrat textile in drill was also used in the Reichswehr, however in reed green or variations of field grey, of course. The piece that Dimas posted looks much more like the piece I once owned, but it was nearly forty years ago and I did not photograph it. In said time, I had no idea of how rare and valuable said objects were or could be...of course.

I think the piece in France is totally made up, especially with the luny Stechbarth Etikett and the lousy badges. Stechbarth was a high end, government district (Wilhelmstrasee and Charlottenburg) tailor, who would not likely have got VA SS contracts for work clothing, i.e. the quality of clothing as those who changed the asphalt each spring on the pavement. Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"

more shots of the item.

My question... are these tunics faked... ?

how much people know what it is, and how much are interested in such a tunic ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"   Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"  

Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"   Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"  

Last edited by Pascal BERNHARD; 10-16-2011 at 04:21 PM.

perhaps could we compare it with this A-SS tunic, also , more "drill" or work uniform but also no "fischgrat".

Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"  

Whatever appears in the collector illustrated works then gets faked, i.e. when Mollo appeared forty years ago, there were a wave of fakes based on Mollo.
    The Beaver books plus our stupid posts in the internet are the raw material for much mischief.
    Suit yourself, of course. Also, the collar on the piece you post to my mind is not worked properly, nor do the collar and lapels sit properly.
    Tne "Stechbarth" label really is a killer in this connection.

Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"I will find the Shea uniform at some point, but someone else can shoulder the burden here, I think.

Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"

PS here it is, to include the VA contract tag and the wiped out RZM SS tag, and notice, please, the same Fischgrat pattern as I include in the swatch from Stezelberger's website.

This uniform is in Beaver book and Shea sold it, an earth brown uniform that was recycled and worn well into the war after it was supposed to be phased out...supposed to be phased out, but plainly, as I always write, people did not follow the rules.....

Pi pa po.

Thanks a lot for the info FB !

Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Ss tk  - Sturmbann V  "Brandenburg"Such research as this is scarcely possible on the Ding Bat, maroon black market website populated by the Lords of the Flies....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast