Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Totenkopf/adler trapazoid in black

Article about: I just picked this up at a militaria show today! I was allowed to take it around to other venders and get other opinions on it before purchasing . There is a small tear on the bottom from be

?

Default SS Totenkopf/adler trapazoid in black

I just picked this up at a militaria show today! I was allowed to take it around to other venders and get other opinions on it before purchasing . There is a small tear on the bottom from being cap removed. I got a great deal, too.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Totenkopf/adler trapazoid in black   SS Totenkopf/adler trapazoid in black  

SS Totenkopf/adler trapazoid in black   SS Totenkopf/adler trapazoid in black  

SS Totenkopf/adler trapazoid in black   SS Totenkopf/adler trapazoid in black  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Totenkopf/adler trapazoid in black
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Totenkopf/adler trapazoid in black

Nice! I just picked up one too recently, it was the type with two rows of teeth though. From my understanding the one that you have is a little more scarce. Good piece.

Jeff

looks like a good one you got there...

?

Thanks guys! I t took me a little while to decide to get it because there are so many fakes out there. I got about five different cloth-expert's opinions and then decided to get it for $235( I talked him down from $275) .When I got home, i compared it with one I posted here and was original . It matched exactly! I was then relieved. I'm also happy to find out it is a rare style w/ one row of teeth.Thanks again for the info!Here's the example I compared it to
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Totenkopf/adler trapazoid in black  

Hello Dean ,
    you will find that the last one shown actually has a different reverse than yours - both are O.K.

The single row teeth - trap came in 2 production versions , differing in their position on the roll . Side by side with " BeVo Wuppertal " in between ( last one shown - you can still see the neighbours wing-tip ) , and in a " ZigZag " pattern ( one up , one down ) , with looser threads on reverse ( yours ) .
    The double row teeth - trap only came in the side by side version .

Congrats with a nice find at a great price .. !

Here's how that second one should look on the reverse ( trying out the image upload ):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Totenkopf/adler trapazoid in black  

?

Thanks again, Mr.Winkleman. You seem to know your stuff! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this sticky subject! Im also very pleased to know it is good. I just realized the reverse was different on mine than the other style, the green one is selling for $635! I guess I was just focusing on the front thread pattern. every little thread is very important and the fakers dont really pay close attention to that. thanks.
    ~Dean