Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Totenkopf collar tab

Article about: I apologize for starting this thread without doing the necessary research beforehand, but I'm at a show and saw a collar tab, and since I'm not very familiar with tabs, I thought I'd ask her

If you study our site, you should recognise this piece as a very poor copy. The best way to build a legitimate collection is to spend many hours studying genuine examples. On line help is not always available. Serious collecting requires serious study so when the right opportunity avails itself, you can make a move without hesitation.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Totenkopf collar tab
    P
    Many

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    If you study our site, you should recognise this piece as a very poor copy. The best way to build a legitimate collection is to spend many hours studying genuine examples. On line help is not always available. Serious collecting requires serious study so when the right opportunity avails itself, you can make a move without hesitation.
    The words of my senior mentor and a person of remarkable experience.
    Bob Coleman's collection was used as the basis for a reference on Nazi headwear by Stan Bozich in the year 1 9 6 8.

SS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabSS Totenkopf collar tabKnowledge.

...or, as I learned from one of my teachers, who was an E 8 in Kaiserslautern in a more innocent time, "....you want it bad, you get it bad...."

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    If you study our site, you should recognise this piece as a very poor copy. The best way to build a legitimate collection is to spend many hours studying genuine examples.
    Bob, I wholeheartedly agree with you, and as I've said previously in this thread, I have been and will continue studying the countless images of authentic items, both on this forum and elsewhere. As a result of my endeavors, I was able to quickly spot a number of fake medals and pins at this show, including a rather disappointing SS 4-year service medal... I simply haven't had a chance to examine the wide variety of cloth SS insignia yet (I've been focusing on metal cap insignia), and I wanted to get a quick opinion from the experts on this forum so I wouldn't miss out on what might have been a very good deal...

I'm not creating threads just to have others authenticate items for me so that I can collect them... In my other threads, I provide my own observations based on authentic items I have previously studied; I usually create threads just for second opinions, which I'm sure the majority of us appreciate, regardless of our skill level as collectors! In this special case, an opportunity presented itself for an item with which I was unfamiliar, and I had no time to study beforehand. I tried to make that clear when I started the thread, but I understand that it may have been misinterpreted.

You can rest assured that I will be doing lots of "homework" before I actually go looking specifically for collar tabs and other cloth insignia. As always, I appreciate the help and support I get from members of this forum. You guys are the best!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2