Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Trench Art??

Article about: Hi Thepro, Thank you for your comments. What you say is absolutely plausable. However on balance, I can not see a vet going to the trouble just for the sake of it. If the conversion is post

Default SS Trench Art??

Hi, I am not an SS collector. The belt buckle in the picture came my way some time back and your comments etc are invited.

Please view the link to see more photos of the item.

SS Trench Art??

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/art-d...s-ends-338401/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Trench Art??
    P
    Many

I think better pictures of the buckle plate, and some pictures of the complete construction will help. What is it? A bracelet?

Jan
    ?

From what I´ve learned here over the years with the help of many friends I don´t think this is period SS trench art.

Best,

Jan

Hi Feuerbach, Thank you for your message. There are several more photos on the link detailed in the original post. I have just figured out how to copy a link, so please give it a try.
    Cheers MR

Hi Jan, Thank you for your message. If not trench art, do you have any suggestions? I can not imagine a Brit or Yank doing it for his lady friend post war?? Who would want to be seen wearing it so what would be the point in wrecking a good buckle to turn it into a bit of junk??
    Cheers again Michael R

looks like a biker conversion IMHO, though I am not up on SS buckles to tell you if it started as an original.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry, Could be. Not something that has crossed my mind but hay ho!!
    Cheers MR

Quote by Jan View Post
    From what I´ve learned here over the years with the help of many friends I don´t think this is period SS trench art.

Best,

Jan
    I have seen many unique items, I call items like the one pictured above a UNIQUITY.....IT'S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT YOU SEE BUT ITS NOWHERE IN A BOOK. FOR ALL YOU KNOW A VETERAN MAY HAVE PUT THAT TOGETHER AFTER THE WAR, IT COULD HAVE BEEN PUT TOGETHER LAST WEEK. OR EVEN 30 YRS AGO. ITS UNIQUE AND EITHER WAY IT TELLS A STORY. I'D LIKE TO AGREE WITH JAN BUT THESE SS GUYS WEREN'T ALWASY FIGHTING IN A WAR. WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY DID IN THERE DOWN TIME ???

REGARDS.

IF YOU WISH TO SELL THAT PIECE LET ME KNOW YOUR PRICE !!!!

I agree with feurerbach

Jan
    ?

I wold say this is what is often referred to as neo nazi or perhaps more likely "biker memorabilia". Period trench art that I own is much more crude than this. The chain looks modern too. Weather or not the buckle is an oriinal one isn´t possible to determine by the picture you have provided.

Best,

Jan
    Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Jan, Thank you for your message. If not trench art, do you have any suggestions? I can not imagine a Brit or Yank doing it for his lady friend post war?? Who would want to be seen wearing it so what would be the point in wrecking a good buckle to turn it into a bit of junk??
    Cheers again Michael R

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast