Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ss tunic............

Article about: I saw this at a military show this weekend... opinions please... I'm assuming it's fake because it was next to a fake visor... the dealer swears it's good. (sorry in advance for the poor pic

?

Default Ss tunic............

I saw this at a military show this weekend... opinions please... I'm assuming it's fake because it was next to a fake visor... the dealer swears it's good.
    (sorry in advance for the poor pics)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss tunic............   Ss tunic............  

Ss tunic............   Ss tunic............  

Ss tunic............   Ss tunic............  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss tunic............
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ss tunic............

eagle looks ?

Hi
    With these 3 holes on the front side - not an SS tunic, but a WH one.
    SS tunics were originally with two holes.
    Any markings inside?

Cheers

George

The thieves always swear that what they sell is original. All of the insignia appears to be reproduction. During the shortages late in the war, I do not have a problem with Heer tunics with SS insignia if everything adds up. This one does not.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I am with Bob on all counts.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

All of the insignia appears to be reproduction
    The armeagle is the only original piece I can see.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    The armeagle is the only original piece I can see.
    Agreed

Shame this has to happen. What is once History is morphing into a lie , of deceit and short term financial gain. Thieves who steal this kind of Historical value,, in short or long run term always amount to nothing but only gain a bad reputation and a total loss of integrity! These people make poor minded leaders in life!
    @Lowboy.. the pics are perfect!! as they said enough to bring about great answers! Larry

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Shame this has to happen. What is once History is morphing into a lie , of deceit and short term financial gain. Thieves who steal this kind of Historical value,, in short or long run term always amount to nothing but only gain a bad reputation and a total loss of integrity! These people make poor minded leaders in life!
    @Lowboy.. the pics are perfect!! as they said enough to bring about great answers! Larry
    Larry-
    I am in total agreement with what you say. Unfortunately, this has been going on for 50+ years. In the 60's, there was a part time dealer in Chicago who hosed many collectors who were regular customers with the Atwood daggers when they first appeared. At that time, few had ever seen or handled real examples of a HJ Leader dagger or engraved blade Heer and Luftwaffe daggers. When he was exposed, there was no attempt to make reperations. The guy dropped dead while dancing with his daughter at her wedding. No one cared which is likely the only justice there ever was.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I just thank everyone on this forum, especially hearing of the "high end " fakes and "reconstructed" tunics in particular, most of which I would have never identified as such.