Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS tunic for review...

Article about: Hi all. I know these photos aren't perfect, but they're all I have to work with at the moment. I'm trying to get a few more from the seller. I'm hopeful that these will (at least) be enough

Quote by dzyner View Post
    it sounds like there is a mix of positive and negative feedback here.
    Sorry buddy, only negative feedback from what I read. I know you want this to be a good one but sometimes you have to just walk away and live to fight another day.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS tunic for review...
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Sorry buddy, only negative feedback from what I read. I know you want this to be a good one but sometimes you have to just walk away and live to fight another day.
    Hi Glenn. Respectfully, I do know when to walk (or run) away from an item, and would never force an item to be good simply by willing it so - that would be simply foolish. There are some non-negative (sorry for the double negative) comments, including the comment regarding the patch potentially being good. There are also several comments here from admittedly non-tunic guys, and though I absolutely appreciate those comment I also have to consider that fact. I always hold out hope (as I should) until there is no hope left and it seems there is no hope left for this one unfortunately

One point to bear in mind.

Original insignia does get put onto fake items. Especially in years past when insignia found loose was much cheaper than today. I have seen many Janke caps and jackets with real insignia upon them. Reason being, many people tend to look at the insignia first and this lulls them into a false sense of security....

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review..."....admittedly non-tunic guys..."

Some of my non tunics in my non collection.

SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...SS tunic for review...While I do not expressly collect uniforms from 1943 or 1944, I have owned dozens and dozens of German uniforms of all types since 1963, and have examined hundreds, if not thousands more.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Some of my non tunics in my non collection.
    If you read some of the OTHER posts in this thread (i.e. not yours) you'll see I was referring to the ones who actually say they're not tunic guys, such as daveward's comment (no offense Dave). I was not referring to you because in your post you clearly mention that you don't collect this "type" of uniform, which implies that you DO know something about tunics. I own over 50 non-SS tunics in my collection so I can post photos too. SS cloth is admittedly not my strong area, which is why I posted this for feedback. Lighten up my friend, we're all just trying to learn from each other

No offense taken, dzyner. I don't collect tunics (because I can't afford them), so I haven't taken the time to become very familiar with their construction yet. I still say the eagle looks pretty good, despite the poor photo quality. The embroidery seems a little worn out (especially on the left wing), and one of the wings looks shorter than the other because the sleeve was not flattened out before the photo was taken. However, it looks very similar to this authentic eagle:

SS tunic for review...

My opinion on the eagle, though, has nothing to do with the authenticity of the tunic itself. As Ade said, it is certainly possible for reproduction tunics to have authentic insignia on them. If I were you, I'd have to pass on this one. The number of negative opinions from the experts in this thread would be more than enough to convince me that it was a reproduction. I know you don't want to acquire a tunic that you'd have doubts about afterward. My advice would be to save your money and wait for something to come along that everyone can agree on. Then you'll be truly pleased with your new item. Good luck!

Dzyner,

Mike Davis will be posting a beautiful mint depot captured M43 SS tunic in Italian wool that belongs to me. Here is a picture of the tunic layed out on the floor. Note that all of the insignia, except the sleeve eagle, is just sitting on the tunic to give the appearance of being all badged up. I know that these tunics cost quite a few $$$$ but I will work with you to help you, or anyone else who would enjoy adding this wonderful piece to their collection.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1317

So be on the lookout if interested in obtaining a real Waffen-SS combat tunic in exceptional condition.
    All the best,
    David

?

That's a real gem David! Thanks for sharing. While we're all in the sharing mood, here is my one and only...

SS "Götz von Berlichingen" M42 Tunic

This is not for sale! It is one of my personal favorites and will likely be buried with me

Dzyner

Quote by herrgeezer View Post
    Dzyner,

Mike Davis will be posting a beautiful mint depot captured M43 SS tunic in Italian wool that belongs to me. Here is a picture of the tunic layed out on the floor. Note that all of the insignia, except the sleeve eagle, is just sitting on the tunic to give the appearance of being all badged up. I know that these tunics cost quite a few $$$$ but I will work with you to help you, or anyone else who would enjoy adding this wonderful piece to their collection.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1317

So be on the lookout if interested in obtaining a real Waffen-SS combat tunic in exceptional condition.
    This item looks better. So do the insignia. I still do not like the Hoheitszeichen on the first item here at all. Does not compare at all well to any others so enclosed.

- - ------- - -

Quote by dzyner View Post
    That's a real gem David! Thanks for sharing. While we're all in the sharing mood, here is my one and only...

SS "Götz von Berlichingen" M42 Tunic

This is not for sale! It is one of my personal favorites and will likely be buried with me

Dzyner
    If this item is not for sale, why does your enclosure say it is for sale?

I assume your are recycling the vendor's pictures.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast