MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS Tunic Value

Article about: I'm considering purchasing my first SS Tunic and I need opinions from the experts. Does this look authentic? And if so, what would be the correct price range for this tunic? All opinions are

Default SS Tunic Value

I'm considering purchasing my first SS Tunic and I need opinions from the experts. Does this look authentic? And if so, what would be the correct price range for this tunic? All opinions are greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Tunic Value   SS Tunic Value  

SS Tunic Value   SS Tunic Value  

SS Tunic Value  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Tunic Value
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Tunic Value

Surely we need to see the close up and detailed pictures
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Sorry, Dimas. Here are some more close up pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Tunic Value   SS Tunic Value  

SS Tunic Value  

not an expert,but i dont get the warm fuzzies on this item,,,with this late war tunic i would expect to see SS-BW markings on the interior,,,for my money,an army tunic,with added,maybe real,SS insignia...

?

Quote by militarymania View Post
    not an expert,but i dont get the warm fuzzies on this item,,,with this late war tunic i would expect to see SS-BW markings on the interior,,,for my money,an army tunic,with added,maybe real,SS insignia...
    It's not Heer. It's a five button with two belt hook eyelets. Heer is 6/3.

I don't know enough to value the item. Assume the parts aren't original to the tunic. I would be comfortable paying 5 to 6 thousand for it. (Assuming the tunic is verified by an uninterested expert first.)

Thank you both for your opinions. It's being sold for $5,900.00 so it's a pretty big risk to take. The dealer supposedly offers a lifetime guarantee of authenticity on all his items. I will have to think more about it and get it reviewed by an expert right away if I do decide to get it.

?

Make sure the dealer has an inspection period where you can return the item no questions asked. The lifetime guarantee sounds good but in reality it means you both have to agree upon third party experts and the costumer will pay the costs. You can't just say it's fake and send it back. There will be some dancing.

I like the tunic, it's a nice late war SS. I'm sure some gurus will chime in with their opinions.

Number one though: you must be happy and proud. Collecting is scary, but there are good items and good people in the field.

The tunic is real, late war boards, insignia, and coarse wool construction.

Whether the insignia has been re-applied post war is another matter.

But it looks very nice

At a rough guess I'd say £3500-£4000 for value

?

That is a nice and rare tunic by 349 depot/producer, not easy to find. Also the early cotton liner is not easy to find on the late tunics, even a hard to make for a fakers, due of the original cotton liner is impossible to find, and fakers cannot made such a quality tunics, it's a first reason. And not a text book example- it's a second reason
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics