Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Tuxedo Badge Fake Alert

Article about: True, once your lot get that SOPA thing introduced we're all up \\$hit creek in a barbed wire canoe!

Default Re: SS Tuxedo Badge Fake Alert

I had avoided the names out of a sense of decorum. In any case, the above post fulfills the goals of the perpetrator sort of like the film of the guided bomb landing on the target. The narcissist dealer on the scooter was not the only person of note so burdened, but his name is mentioned all the same, which surely fulfills the political agenda of the guilty party.

However, those who employ this site to the ends of knowledge are better served by our labor here, though I am sure that unseen, malicious eyes are surveying us all with the intent to destroy this site just as surely as the recent event in the Ohio Valley has left behind a heap of smoking, radiating wreckage as at Hiroshima or Fukushima.

Our goal is to furnish as much knowledge as possible to enable all collectors to make their own, informed and more or less accurate decisions without surrounding every word and action with a cloud of sulfurous doubt, envy, paranoia, lust, and, above all, gagging stupidity as is the case elsewhere.

Remember: the issue here is not simply criminal dealers, but also dishonest and envious other lord of the flies inspired collectors who want to reduce the circle of hunter gatherers to a cartel, which they control.

If you do not know the word cartel, then look it up.

As an aside, my posts have, more or less, worsened my own access to black foetid woolens, in that a number of new collectors have been so traumatized by my foetid woolens, that they wish to own these elusive and remorseless items, themselves. I say: bravo, I welcome them, and wish for them to flourish.SS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake Alert

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Tuxedo Badge Fake Alert
    P
    Many

19 thousand for One tuxedo badge?? If the collector is insane, he really can't be faulted for making a strange purchase, I guess.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Can we get a link to the other discussion

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

Might I add a further thought as concerns all of this, for those of you who might have read the more than 25 pages of hysteria, paranoia, and calumny on the other site. Certain collectors of SS regalia routinely intimidate and bully newcomers in order to reduce the number of hunters and gatherers of this rare and expensive things. A glamor dealer of my distant acquaintance, whose bad manners and dishonesty have become globalized, often purposely told innocent people that their things were fake, only to buy them later. Here one sees, also, collectors engage in bad behavior of spreading anxiety and fear into those of lesser knowledge in what is of benefit in the winnowing out of competition. Thus, the no German dealer deals a knock out blow to his U.S. competition; the U.S. competition reverts to its normal ill informed means of analysis of things, with no recourse to any primary sources, or historical data of a bomb proof type. Bodacious gun show old wives' tales pour forth in a deafening roar and the result is terror among the faint of heart and generalize fear and loathing among those who wear their hearts on their sleeves...
    My God. An awe inspiring summation of the lurking dangers in the jungle. Psyops are at their most effective when the target is unaware he is being targeted.

SS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake Alert
    Quote by Tricot View Post
    My God. An awe inspiring summation of the lurking dangers in the jungle. Psyops are at their most effective when the target is unaware he is being targeted.
    Or, simply, as in Zarathustra (as pointed out by my Norwegian friend, who seems to have left us...) of the same God damn thing over and over again.

This medium enables what is a tawdry and wretched crime to be amplified many times over for destructive ends.

I prefer how Graham Greene did it all in the Third Man, whereby the figures were more pleasing, the locale more compelling, and the music was better, too; also, the Czech-o-Slovak woman was better looking, as there is no good looking woman in this story, just a junky, dumb badge.

I wonder why I have collected this stuff for so long?

Also, since I own several aluminum Deschler badges (......."sculls.....!?) on caps, the appearance of the one on the other site is bloody awful compared to the way that the Deschler pieces were finished....

But I am not a "scull" collector other than in a very indirect way.SS Tuxedo Badge Fake Alert
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-11-2012 at 02:38 PM.

SS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake Alert
    Quote by AMTG View Post
    Can we get a link to the other discussion
    At the risk of being the scold that I am, please read our thread about an officer in the Standarte 31 der Allgemeinen SS in Landshut/Straubing. You will find the effort there notable for two reasons: it contains authentic and interesting material, and secondly, it shows with some force the potential for good that exists in these on line collaborations. The maroon web site is its own reward, a self licking ice cream cone of a particular sort, and not the sort of place that should exchange precious bodily fluids with our own....the results are almost always quite tragic.SS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake Alert

SS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSS Tuxedo Badge Fake AlertSince I have swerved out of my lane with my posts, here are images of aluminum badges on caps....

I really do like almost anything in the SS uniform line but I really do not like the tuxedo badge at all and I am therefore astounded why this badge would attract so much interest.
    I am more than a bit bemused therefore why someone would pay so much for this item unless they had the proper tunic that had one missing.
    19k on 1 badge does seem excessive but if you add up all of the "lesser" purchases that you make for SS kit it will still add up to a tidy sum and even I question myself sometimes as I have a very ordinary collection with a few minor gems thrown in............
    As previously stated " I still think that the tuxedo badge was made with bikers in mind"
    I do also appreciate the exposure of this whole sorry episode as it does highlight how bad things can get in this hobby if you do not take due care before parting with your cash.

If I had 19k floating around to spend on militaria, I can assure all and sundry the LAST thing I would purchase would be such a ghastly piece of dross as the topic of this thread.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    I really do like almost anything in the SS uniform line but I really do not like the tuxedo badge at all and I am therefore astounded why this badge would attract so much interest.
    I am more than a bit bemused therefore why someone would pay so much for this item unless they had the proper tunic that had one missing.
    19k on 1 badge does seem excessive but if you add up all of the "lesser" purchases that you make for SS kit it will still add up to a tidy sum and even I question myself sometimes as I have a very ordinary collection with a few minor gems thrown in............
    As previously stated " I still think that the tuxedo badge was made with bikers in mind"
    I do also appreciate the exposure of this whole sorry episode as it does highlight how bad things can get in this hobby if you do not take due care before parting with your cash.
    Well said.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast