Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Tuxedo badge for viewing...

Article about: Brian i'm sure you will get an answer one way or the other from some of the guys who study this type of thing , i guess they haven't seen it yet !

?

Default Re: SS Tuxedo badge for viewing...

Brian i'm sure you will get an answer one way or the other from some of the guys who study this type of thing , i guess they haven't seen it yet !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Tuxedo badge for viewing...
    P
    Many

The posted example is a cast copy which is missing the hallmarks and is of the wrong metallic alloy.

Bob Hritz

This is the first time that I have seen one of these. A question out of curiosity...was this a piece authorized for all SS men or was it for high level officers only? Also, was there any particular requirement other than being a member of the SS that was required for eligibility to wear the piece? Thanks.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    This is the first time that I have seen one of these. A question out of curiosity...was this a piece authorized for all SS men or was it for high level officers only? Also, was there any particular requirement other than being a member of the SS that was required for eligibility to wear the piece? Thanks.
    It was authorized for all officer ranks to be worn on the dress tuxedo which was an optional garment set worn on gala occasions.

Like the US Army dress 'blues', the use was limited to those who wished to wear it for dress occasions and was, certainly, owned and worn by a great minority of SS officers.

Bob Hritz

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    It was authorized for all officer ranks to be worn on the dress tuxedo which was an optional garment set worn on gala occasions.

Like the US Army dress 'blues', the use was limited to those who wished to wear it for dress occasions and was, certainly, owned and worn by a great minority of SS officers.

Bob Hritz
    Thank you Bob.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2