Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS TV tab

Article about: Hello everybody, my name is Paolo and I am new to the forum. Just wanted to post one of my SS TV tabs. Comments and opinions welcome and by all means feel free to post some of your own!

Default Re: SS TV tab

Collar tabs emerged in a virgin state without piping, which was to be affixed when the thing was attached to the Dienstrock, Dienstbluse etc. The RZM circulars make this point quite clear.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS TV tab
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Robert knows his way around SSTV insignia. We also have elsewhere many authentic examples.
    Im not disputing that, Im just trying to understand a little better so I can avoid this happening again.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Collar tabs emerged in a virgin state without piping, which was to be affixed when the thing was attached to the Dienstrock, Dienstbluse etc. The RZM circulars make this point quite clear.
    Just as I've already made quite clear.

SS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabSS TV tabAuthentic SS hand embroidery in its variety.

Quote by paolo p View Post
    Ok I can respect your guy's opinions and I thank you for them. Especially you Robert, you have quite a wonderful site. But I can't help but feel like I've seen known original examples with far less detail than this one. The TV sleeve diamond on germanmilitaria.com for example; the backing looks good and so does the piping from what I can see of it, but the embroidery is somewhat crude in my opinion. If you can elaborate a little more I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks again guys.
    I must agree that this is a poor copy of an original tab. These items were under strict control of the Reichszugmeisterei so any examples you have seen with less detail are undoubtedly fake also. As ths form of collar tab was not worn during the war period, it is unlikely that the piping was removed to conform with updated regulations. It is always difficult to learn that a prized collection piece is not what you thought it was when purchased. We have all been in the same situation. The longer one has collected, the larger the number of errors.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks Bob, this is certainly a disappointment..wish I could say it was the first time and I really wish I could say it'll be the last time.
    Thats a nice looking dog. Shepherd? Heres my schaferhund.

SS TV tab

Very nice animal. Very intelligent face. The collecting of embroidered SS insignia is a heart breaking experience, and that of the SSTV is doubly so. All of us who collect SS material have been screwed many times along the path to knowledge, sad to say. The internet increases the intensity of the experience, which forms an additionally irritating aspect. When I started to collect in the 1960s, as a pup, I was reamed out by unscrupulous persons from whom I learned bitter lessons which I try to apply here as much as possible, and often with little success.

Quote by paolo p View Post
    Thanks Bob, this is certainly a disappointment..wish I could say it was the first time and I really wish I could say it'll be the last time.
    Thats a nice looking dog. Shepherd? Heres my schaferhund.

SS TV tab
    I have lived with the German Shepherd dog since I was an infant. Your pup is quite handsome. They are intellegent, trusting and a great defender of their home and family. They are far more honest than most of the crooks dealing in militaria. Klaus was the most remarkable dog I ever encountered. The picture depicts him with his boomer ball, a hard plastic ball that he would move with his front paws and steer with his nose. He would do this at a full run. He lived to 12 years 3 months and I will always miss him. His next generation, Hans has also developed a love for the boomer ball. As a German collector once said when visiting me, "my father had a dog like Klaus. He would let anyone in to his store. However, he never let them out. We had no problem with theft!"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS TV tab  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

A very good looking dog Bob. I too have had nothing but shepherds since I was an infant. My dog, Jäger, is the 5th one Ive owned and I have no plans of ever owning a different breed. It amazes me how quickly they can pick up on people's intentions. Truly amazing animals. Maybe Ill bring her to the next militaria show and see if she can sniff out some fakers....really wouldn't surprise me if she could.

?

Welcome to the forum Paolo. Bad news regarding your item - hang in there, these things happen to us all and at least now you can post here before purchasing in the future. And, you have a beautiful dog...reason enough to be happy

Regards,

Carl

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast