Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Uniform

Article about: thank you for your clarification. something to make a note of!

Default Re: SS Uniform

thank you for your clarification. something to make a note of!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Uniform
    P
    Many

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    thank you for your clarification. something to make a note of!
    SS buttons for awhile were identical to SA buttons, and were pebbled differently from military buttons. At a tender moment, I turned away from grey uniforms since the bulk of them that I could find were re made from army tunics.
    There are surely grey tunics of an earlier date with SA/SS style buttons, which are now faked.
    The tunic in this thread is a typical well made fake, which has become the norm. The well made fake as well as the rebadged army tunic are so widespread as to be a show stopper.
    JPic who posts on the other site is an Oregonian very well familiar with fake grey tunics, whose opinion I esteem, as is Sayle F, who also posts here. Sayle F has also some nice grey tunics, which perhaps he would show from his collection.
    Waffen SS tunics, as well as "color pipes" grey SS caps, tuxedo badges, and "scull" comprise the themes that engender the most insanity and reproach in these precincts.
    No small reason that I confine myself to things more or less from those five years from 1934 until 1939.

i would some day like to collect these tunics. however, i am taking it very slowly. as i have said, i have a lot to learn.

the one thing i have learned is that without a great deal of work, this can truly be navigating the rocky shoals by the Call of the Siren.

?

I have tried to collect them...owning one real one is a feat that deserves high accolades...to own more than one gray SS officer uniform that is real/untouched is nearly a miracle although some of the old school guys managed this before the prices went crazy. I would be satisfied to own a handsome fake like the above nowadays...just to have a relatively close representation.Although i wouldnt pay four figures for it.

SS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS Uniformfoetid woolens.

indeed!

?

Oh geez...nice ! I am once again in the presence of high knowledge. Excellent, good to be here. I love foetid woolens!

SS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS Uniform
    indeed!
    Foetid, and then more foetid, and expensive, and a source of endless irritation along with whatever contentment might eventuate.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-10-2012 at 01:49 AM.

i wish i could "like" it twice.

i hesitate and hesitate. because i know: never were money and ignorance more poorly matched.

one day...

SS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS UniformSS Uniform
    i wish i could "like" it twice.

i hesitate and hesitate. because i know: never were money and ignorance more poorly matched.

one day...
    There exist more or less sound sources for the black things, though they are never a bargain. And, I will sell my collection in a while, so you can buy it.

I avoid the grey uniforms like the plague, but the black ones are possible to master with some practice. Of course, a study collection is useful, and I have endeavored to make my property that of all persons of sound mind and character.

The scratch and sniff bit, though, cannot be done via this medium.

On the insano and whacko site, the natives are having a silly set to about a fake uniform in Japan that is really a pile of sh!t.

At the same time, you can stumble into great mischief with these things and waste a ton of dough to no good end.

Hritz and Coleman know this material well.

I try to point out good material when it is for sale, for which I receive no commercial agreement.

A wider circle of collectors enables us all to do better, I think.

The opposite forms the guiding principle on the other site and beyond it, where fear, paranoia and idiocy are the rules of the land.

A campaign of disinformation and misinformation, bullying, and stupidity suffocate inquiry and the arduous and time consuming process whereby knowledge is formed in this odd digital chaos.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast