Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS uniform date of usage.

Article about: Hello everyone, this is not my area of expertise, in what year did the Black allgemeine SS uniform discontinue? I can only base my theory on about 1938 as this is when we started to see the

Default SS uniform date of usage.

Hello everyone, this is not my area of expertise, in what year did the Black allgemeine SS uniform discontinue? I can only base my theory on about 1938 as this is when we started to see the Grey SS uniforms come in,, from file photos. Were there still General SS non coms and officers still wearing these uniforms after 1938 and up until when did they stop. I appreciate any comment or knowledge on this subject. Best regards Larry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS uniform date of usage.
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS uniform date of usage.

SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.
    Quote by Siegfried B View Post
    Hello everyone, this is not my area of expertise, in what year did the Black allgemeine SS uniform discontinue? I can only base my theory on about 1938 as this is when we started to see the Grey SS uniforms come in,, from file photos. Were there still General SS non coms and officers still wearing these uniforms after 1938 and up until when did they stop. I appreciate any comment or knowledge on this subject. Best regards Larry
    We have a thread on this subject. The black uniform remained in use for certain persons as late as 1944. There is considerable visual evidence to this effect. See this book, which is especially revealing of at least one Standarte of the Allgem. SS Those in full time billets got the grey uniform, if authorized, and those who were not retained the black uniform. The grey uniform emerged well before 1938.

Hi Friedrich and thank you for the info,, I never knew the existed past 1938 and only assumed up to that year ,, after that all wore grey. My SS photo library is limited and does not have any black uniform documentation. Can you or someone reading this also tell me the exact name of the thread? i would enjoy studying and reading it. Thank you again for your reply. We will never stop learning. Regards Larry

SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.I am sorry that I cannot exactly. Try black uniform in wear or something. We posted lots and lots of stuff, and the Iglau book has many images of the Moravian SS in such black uniforms well into 1944. The idea that the black uniform en toto was junked is too simplistic. Otherwise, where did these things come from? Some remained, because they were worn, or because they did not get dumped into the clothing recycling.

The Iglau book has the largest assemblage of wartime Allgemeine SS pictures I have ever seen. Otherwise, you must ask Mr. d'Alquen, who is the master of the pictorial record about same. It is such an ancillary point in the big parade of the III. Reich at war.

?

Quote by Siegfried B View Post
    Can you or someone reading this also tell me the exact name of the thread?
    I think it's this one Larry.

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

?

From Die Deutsche Wochenschau 16.11.1944.

Die Deutsche Wochenschau 1944 - YouTube
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS uniform date of usage.   SS uniform date of usage.  

SS uniform date of usage.  

Hi Friedrich and BenVK,,, 1st @Friedrich..Very impressive collection of uniforms and especially the one with the white collar tab,, I assume this was an honorary rank tab , which also I have never seen before. Is this Iglau book still available somewhere,, it looks like a European print, and I assume there is no ISBN number for it. I definitely would like to add that to my library.
    Now to BenVK...thank you for the link and I only skimmed through it which the content is quite overwhelming. This thread looks to be a "Sitdown with a cup of coffee" and read weekend for me and I look forward to it. I am an SA dagger collector and I have always been intrigued by the early period with both political parties. My wallet does not allow me to enjoy as much the SS collectibles as much as the SA. I have found the 1934 style SS crusher hat with the jawless skull and 1929 eagle to be the most indentifiable,and with the most appeal for the "Kampfzeit " meaning. These guys were the " Knucklebusters" of the SS. Thank you again Friedrich and BenVK, for opening a path for me which I never thought was there. Looking forward to reading the thread and I enjoy this forum very much. Best Regards Larry

SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.SS uniform date of usage.I will look up the ISBN number of the Iglau book. It was 50 Euros, but I do not think it has appeared in a large print run. It is Moravian. Thanks to Ben VK for the scenes from the Deutsche Wochenschau from the swearing in of the Volksturm in the fall of 1944.
    The issue here is those in the Allgem. SS with a full time billet versus those not, and I have the impression that those without the billet kept the black uniform. See the pictures in the other thread.
    The uniform in question has not white collar patches, but grey, a light grey, that of the Stammabteilung. See enclosure.
    Apropos the kind of cap you like, I like them, too. See these.SS uniform date of usage.

I thank BenVK for the link and especially thank Friedrich Berthold and many others who have contributed such exhaustive information and photos. I have finally had the chance to sit down and read this immense topic. It has answered many questions and put to rest many doubts I may have had regarding the Late years of the Black uniform. Thank you once again to all who have contributed to this topic. Awesome!! Regards Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast