Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS uniform insignia original?

Article about: Hello guys, This is totally beyond my knowledge, so does anyone have any opinions on the following insignia? Many thanks in advance.

Default SS uniform insignia original?

Hello guys,

This is totally beyond my knowledge, so does anyone have any opinions on the following insignia?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by MG42 cra; 08-21-2016 at 05:13 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS uniform insignia original?
    P
    Many

?

Looks terrible, tab and cuff at least. Tab small and runes misaligned and the line through "H" should be higher on cuff me thinks and I'm no expert.

That confirms my suspicions, thank you. I knew the tunic was not okay, so a repro all round.

SS uniform insignia original?Buy this book please, and you will be glad you did.

Also spoke Bob Hritz. ".......There are three distinctive original patterns of the Hohenstaufen cuff title.

The top is the standard BeVo Wuppertal example.

The center is the connected letter variant and is woven on a different type of Jacquard machine weaving loom.

The bottom variant is again woven on a different Jacquard machine weaving loom. Th most noticable difference is the reverse pattern of the lettering.

Bob Hritz ..."

SS uniform insignia original?

I hope I may be permitted to cite this old thread, found here......

Hohenstaufen cuff title

SS uniform insignia original?The Hohenstaufen in the Swabian Jura is here....

The struggle with this problem since the year 1961 and well as some twenty thousand posts does or does not enable me to say this:

Save yourself much travail and disappointment.

Do not collect SS things unless you do the necessary diligent work.

Posing questions here is no substitute for your own self help with this task.

The task is damnably complex and made doubly so by the decades long effort of many to deceive the beginner.

This site is a wonderful resource, as the other thread from world authority Bob Hritz so indicates.

Knowledge is anything but linear on websites, but the knowledge essential to success in this field is that of: a.) chronology, b.) cause and effect and c.)
    judgement. The ability to make the final step in c.) requires you to have mastered the steps of a.) and b.)

The step of a.) alone is problematic. Look at this picture to see all the uniforms that are not uniform at a moment in the year 194X.

SS uniform insignia original?SS uniform insignia original?

SS uniform insignia original?SS uniform insignia original?SS uniform insignia original?SS uniform insignia original?SS uniform insignia original?SS uniform insignia original?SS uniform insignia original?SS uniform insignia original?SS uniform insignia original?What do they want you to know now?

SS uniform insignia original?SS uniforms were faked at the latest in the year 1934