Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Thanks for the images. We are grateful to have these things so nicely arranged here. Schumacher used to post on one of the other sites, but was lynched by the envious a

ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection

These photographs coming from the photographer are 3MB each so I have to use Photoshop to whittle them down to size.

This is my SS Gruppenfuhrer tunic. I bought this again from George Petersen many years ago. I didn't realize it for a long time but the collar tabs were artificially aged reproductions so I had to find an original pair and restore it. I kept the fake collar tabs and put them into one of the top pockets. This general must have been a HQ type as he has loops for only two badges and a WMC ribbon in the buttonhole.

How did I get a Road Show advertisement mixed up with my photo of my collar tabs? It looks like it distorted the picture --- spread it out.
    Last edited by Panzer Crewman; 03-05-2016 at 12:35 PM. Reason: question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection
    P
    Many

?

looks great

?

Waw, I'm speechless! What an amazing collection.
    Thanks for showing.

CBH
    ?

That you for sharing your wonderful collection with the Forum , simply beautiful .

Why have a collection if you're going to hide it in a closet? I have always shared, many of my items are in books. I supported the late Mike Beaver in all of his publications, up to his death; God rest his soul. I'm looking to support Scott Pritchett with his new book on panzer and assault gun headgear. We are making arrangements to get him what he needs and then transport it down to him.

Glad you all appreciate what has taken me a life time to acquire. This collection is my legacy! Some day after I'm gone, somebody will pull out a tunic from the closet to show a fellow collector and he'll say with pride, "This came out of the WILLI SCHUMACHER COLLECTION!" It will forever carry that label.

Willi
    Last edited by Panzer Crewman; 03-05-2016 at 03:55 PM. Reason: add info

CBH
    ?

And a wonderful Legacy it is ! We all thanks for sharing it with us on the Forum . You are a wonderful addition to this forum , with a World-Class collection and a friendly sharing attitude that's becoming rare this day and age . All I can say is keep the posts coming , and thank you again .

That's not what many were saying years ago on the GDC and WAF when I attacked a couple of dealers who were selling fakes. Their groupies attacked me and hounded me until I finally had enough and left. As it turned out I was right all along. Norbert Graetz of N&T Global was selling fakes and his groupies thought he was the new collection messiah. Well they ended up with closets full of junk and crying in their soup. They didn't listen to experience!

Since I've been exhibiting since 2007, I've been buying Wehrmacht (Armed Forces) uniforms too so I can expand my themes. Do you want to see that stuff too? Should I put it here, or go to the respective section, e.g. Kriegsmarine?

This is RKT General-Admiral Alfred Saalwachter's mess dress uniform. With the outbreak of World War II in September 1939, Saalwächter received command of Marine-Gruppenkommando West and was responsible for operations in the North Sea, which led to disputes between himself and the fleet commanders, Vice Admirals Hermann Boehm, Wilhelm Marschall, and Günther Lütjens. On 1 January 1940 Saalwächter was promoted to Generaladmiral. Along with Admiral Rolf Carls, Saalwächter had tactical command of Operation Weserübung, the invasion of Norway. He was recognized with the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 9 May 1940 (he was also awarded the German Cross in Gold). Beginning in summer 1940, Saalwächter led German surface operations in the North Atlantic and the English Channel, such as Operation Cerberus in February 1942. On 20 September of that year, he was replaced as head of Navy Group West by Marschall, who was himself replaced by Theodor Krancke in April 1943. Saalwächter resigned from active service on 30 November 1942. Saalwächter was imprisoned by the Soviet Union on June 21, 1945. He was convicted by a Soviet military tribunal of war crimes on 17 October 1945 and executed by firing squad in Moscow on 6 December of the same year. In 1994, after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Saalwächter was formally exonerated by a Russian court.

WEBSITE MONITOR: Please move this picture and history to the Kriegsmarine Section. Thanks.

Willi
    Attached Images Attached Images ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection 
    Last edited by Panzer Crewman; 03-05-2016 at 04:58 PM. Reason: add info

CBH
    ?

I go to the correct section , helps for reference in the future . And please post anything you'd like . This forum is a much friendly place then some others , we do get Trolls now and then , but they don't last long . We have great Mods here who police the site pretty well . Keep them coming !

I think the respective section would be more appropriate.

I must say, your photographic skills are commendable!

ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionss uniforms of the willy schumacher collectionCannot take credit for photography. The General-Admiral's photograph is off of Bill Shea's website. I have it on layaway with him. The SS general's photographs were taken by Irwin Lightstone of Dallas, Texas. He was hired by Robbie Wilson to take photos of my Waffen-SS collection for his military headgear museum website. Unfortunately, Robbie lost his battle with cancer. His collection was sold off through one of the auctions and his website is now gone. I was his first (and last as it turns out) featured collector. I'm having to reformat the ones from Irwin as they are 3MB each. They take forever to download. I'll put up more Waffen-SS here. I have a beautiful SS-Brigadefuhrer that I don't believe got on the row of photos up front.

The SS-Brigadefuhrer collar tabs are screw backs. You gotta love that sleeve eagle.

Willi
    Last edited by Panzer Crewman; 03-05-2016 at 05:01 PM. Reason: add more info

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast