MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Thanks for the images. We are grateful to have these things so nicely arranged here. Schumacher used to post on one of the other sites, but was lynched by the envious a

These photos taken by pro photographer for Wilson's website. Nothing out of the Waffen-SS collection is for sale. The exhibit collection: WH, KM and WH are for sale. Send for list 'dltbgyd2003@hotmail.com.
    Willi Schumacher

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss uniforms of the willy schumacher collection
    P
    Many

There are no links to the collection. It resides close by me and stays on hangars most of the time, except when exhibit time rolls around. It (the collection is kept in a former bank building) cannot be found except what is in these pages. I'm selling the Exhibit Collection: LW, KM and WH. Ask for list at 'dltbgyd@hotmail.com.

?

Willi...thanks for sharing these beauties with us

It's unbelievable that the uniforms survived the war in this very good condition.

harti

Friends of Willi Schumacher aka Panzer Crewman

I'm sorry to have to post that Willi passed away this past December. As you can no doubt tell from his posts, Willi was very passionate about his uniform collection. We talked many times about his efforts to collect quality items and share the results of his collection-building efforts with others. He was also very appreciative of the kindness and interest you showed to him and his posts to this forum. Many thanks for that.

Willi's obituary follows:

ERNEST SCHUMACHER "Willi"

Of Manassas, Virginia, passed away on December 6, 2017, joining the love of his life, Linda Lee Douglas, in eternal rest with Our Heavenly Father. Born in Providence, RI, son of Ernest and Kathleen Schumacher. Surviving are his mother; brother, David Schumacher; sister, Linda Bernstein; sister, Cathy Hoganson. U.S. Navy veteran (Vietnam), he served aboard the USS Ranger, the USS Bon Homme Richard. He was also stationed at the Naval Air Station Facilities in Sigonella, Sicily, and Washington, DC. Willi worked as a software test engineer with TRW, Raytheon, SAIC, and Lockheed, all located in the Washington metro area. The funeral will be at Quantico Marine Base, Virginia, on Friday, December 29, 2017 at 11 a.m.

Published in The Washington Post on Dec. 26, 2017

Kind Regards,

Dave C.
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-15-2018 at 01:12 PM.

?

sad! he was a complete gentleman in my experience, as willing to speak with eager young newbies as he was with deep-pocket Gentlemen of a Certain Age. major loss.

So sad!
    May he rest in peace!

CBH
    ?

He was a helpful and knowledgable member, he will be missed. RIP

what a treat it is to revisit this thread; the stuff dreams are made of

William Kramer

TWS
    ?

Glad that Billy bumped this to the top. Didn't know it was on here.

Willi was a true asset to our hobby. I can personally vouch for the type of guy he was. He and I had struck up a friendship on-line when I was stationed in Germany, probably through Germanuniforms.com or Germandaggers.com. Anyway, I had to fly back from Germany to Walter Reed for treatment in October of 2002. I remember the time well because D.C. was in the midst of the D.C. Sniper shootings. When Willi learned that I would be in town, he told me I had to come over. I had nothing to do in the evenings after medical appointments, so his invite was a Godsend. I borrowed a rental car off a fellow soldier that I'd befriended on the long Medevac flight from Germany - probably breaking several regulations since I wasn't on the rental agreement - and drove over to his townhouse. Note that Willi had never met me in person before, yet felt I was okay enough to give me his address and host me in his home alone with his $$$$$$$$ collection. We spent an entire evening going through the "magic closet" examining uniform after uniform. What a fabulous collection, but even more so what a warm-hearted guy.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9