Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS Untersturmfuhrer rank collar tab for review please.

Article about: Hi folks hope you are enjoying your holidays if your lucky enough to have some. This is a salty tab I recently acquired. I was told it came from the same house clearance where i bought a Kub

Default SS Untersturmfuhrer rank collar tab for review please.

Hi folks hope you are enjoying your holidays if your lucky enough to have some.
    This is a salty tab I recently acquired. I was told it came from the same house clearance where i bought a Kuban shied from, the guy had no reason to lie ,
    The house that it had been in had belonged to a old soul who had served in the highland light infantry between 1942 and 1946. I have his name service number ect and have seen other paper work belonging to him.
    To my untrained eye and from my research I think it is ok. But I am certainly no expert.
    I would like to know what your thoughts are on it please if you don’t mind.
    The wool seems to have lost its fuzziness (if that the correct word) on the exposed areas and the pips/piping has oxidized.
    Any help as always is appreciated.
    Rod

SS Untersturmfuhrer rank collar tab for review please.SS Untersturmfuhrer rank collar tab for review please.SS Untersturmfuhrer rank collar tab for review please.SS Untersturmfuhrer rank collar tab for review please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Untersturmfuhrer rank collar tab for review please.
    P
    Many

Nothing wrong with It.

I would agree. Sorry Rod, I could have sworn I replied to this one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Congrats on your addition Rod

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Sorry for the lack of replies as this tab deserves more. I find it confusing as well frustrating that at times horrible fakes receive pages upon pages of comments while fine originals, such as this one, get none.
    Anyways, as been stated this is indeed a original rank tab. Personally, I absolutely love the wear on the front of the tab, such would make this a perfect example for restoring on a semi-used tunic. It is actually examples like this which cause me to contemplate what I like more, minty or a bit salty? I guess both have their own place and greatness as I can never come to a definitive answer.

Thats enough rambling on my behalf, congratulations sir on this great addition.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Sorry for the lack of replies as this tab deserves more. I find it confusing as well frustrating that at times horrible fakes receive pages upon pages of comments while fine originals, such as this one, get none.
    Anyways, as been stated this is indeed a original rank tab. Personally, I absolutely love the wear on the front of the tab, such would make this a perfect example for restoring on a semi-used tunic. It is actually examples like this which cause me to contemplate what I like more, minty or a bit salty? I guess both have their own place and greatness as I can never come to a definitive answer.

Thats enough rambling on my behalf, congratulations sir on this great addition.
    Maybe just between minty and salty

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Untersturmfuhrer rank collar tab for review please.  SS Untersturmfuhrer rank collar tab for review please. 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Maybe just between minty and salty

Nick
    Those work too! Great example Nick, and one anyone would be proud to own.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this was sold recently elsewhere?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Those work too! Great example Nick, and one anyone would be proud to own.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this was sold recently elsewhere?
    Yes to me

Nick

Thank you very much guys for taking the time to reply. And for giving me good news.
    I thought perhaps with the lack of replies it wasn’t going to be a open and shut case.
    Its obviously been kicking about in a box of nick nacks all these years.
    I have studied many examples over the past couple of weeks including yours Nick which is very nice by the way. The only unusual thing i noted was the way that the piping ends met. Not like other examples.
    This most probably means that the kuban shield I got from the same house is 100% legit even though it has a small manufacturing fault, the tip of the wing is missing as if it had been cut to close to edge of sheet metal. I might post it in the coming days just to show.
    Its strange these were the only TR items in his house
    I had already bought the shield and an unknown badge from the guy. When it arrived he had put this tab in the envelope with a note saying hope you can find a use for this I found it in the same house.
    Very kind of the guy.
    Thanks again and happy new year to you all.
    Rod