Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Visor Cap

Article about: Hello, I have received in grouping couple more things and now I am looking at the SS cap If I am not wrong, what is the actual model of it etc ? Condition is poor but still with metal insign

Default SS Visor Cap

Hello,
    I have received in grouping couple more things and now I am looking at the SS cap If I am not wrong, what is the actual model of it etc ? Condition is poor but still with metal insignia I will keep it as combat relic .

PICS
    SS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Visor Cap
    P
    Many

hmm i dont like the insides of it but im no expert on visors so i could be wrong and the studs on the side looks strange and it almost looks like if it was purposely made to look banged up well like i said im no expert im just venting my thoughts on this so i could be wrong regards DS

edit: checked the brand and its period though so it stands a chance

The Muetzenband is removed from this cap, which is an authentic item. You would have to examine it to see whether the remnants of the Muetzenband
    are black. Schellenberg made SS caps, to be sure.

It is not really in collectible condition. It is not a combat relic, but likely the walking out cap, denazified, and destroyed by time.

SS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapMuetzenband in black, as required....

SS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor Capeither in velvet or black wool....

Friedrich , You always make me smile ... damn good collectibles. I wish You could check my post about SS cloth insignia ( 2 items ) I have added couple days ago, one of the good guys has left there opinion as authentic but I would like to learn more about them If You will got time, please check the topic, it's called " Set of SS colar tabs I want to check before purchase" . Cheers and thanks as always !

Thanks. I chiefly collect caps and tunics, and books, too, in fact.

I do not collect insignia, unless the things are attached to such objects.

You should ask an insignia collector.

?

Quote by upanddown View Post
    Hello,
    I have received in grouping couple more things and now I am looking at the SS cap If I am not wrong, what is the actual model of it etc ? Condition is poor but still with metal insignia I will keep it as combat relic .

PICS
    SS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor Cap
    Where do you see metal insignia???
    Btw, stay away from that seller.
    He's selling other crap aswell.

'Hello,
    I am not buying it at all, I am not interested in such destroyed pieces. "He is selling other crap", could You give me some example of what He is selling that in your opinion is fake? I have checked collar tabs and other cloth insignia and all were graded as authentic.

Friedrich, I also collect some books , here photos of some about Warsaw etc authentic pieces I got from 1945 If I am not wrong :
    SS Visor CapSS Visor CapSS Visor Cap

About all that I would say about this cap is, if it's Very reasonably priced, that it would be a good source for a restorationist to gather some decent Parts from-such as the visor, the strap, the lining etc. but not much more. As a genuine parts pile, it is actually worth abit of money, but not anywhere near the price of a decent cap, of course.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast