Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ss visor cap question

Article about: The close up of the totenkopf appears to show a silver piping on the cap which would indicate general officer. The quality and color of the piping do not meet what I would expect to find on

Default ss visor cap question

hi guys i am new to the site i have been collecting ww2 for years i think it is a great hobby! i have been looking at a ss visor cap and was wondering what you guys think of it ? i am going to try to load some photos, i looked behind the eagle and there is a rzm logo and a m1/24 on it. the skull is very tight i was a little nervous to push on the tabs to inspect the rear of the skull. any input would be greatly apprectiated. thanks dave
    Attached Images Attached Images ss visor cap question  ss visor cap question  ss visor cap question 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss visor cap question
    P
    Many

Default Re: ss visor cap question

Hello Supergas-
    Welcome to the Forum. It is difficult to give an opinion based on your photographs as they are quiet small. From what I can see, the cap is lacking the RZM stamp on the backside of the visor and also lacks a cloth RZM tag in the cap. These are not positive signs. For a definitve answer, we will require larger more detailed pictures.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

here is a closer shot of the skull
    Attached Images Attached Images ss visor cap question 

here is the eagle the tag in the cap is erel.
    Attached Images Attached Images ss visor cap question 

hi bob thanks for the help could the cap be a private purchase without the rzm stamp?

?

Looks like it is Erel looks quite odd need close ups of the inside

sorry guys it is a stirnschutz not a erel with a small drgm on the tag.

ss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionPlease compare and reflect.

The insignia on the cap at the start here does not look authentic, such as the images indicate anything.

I have not see a black Lubstein officer's cap to my satisfaction. I have seen enlisted black caps, but these have the normal post mid 1934 production traits, i.e. runes, tags etc.

I would never say never with these things, but I have looked at a few black officer's cap, and would be awfully skeptical of a black cap with what would be a conventional ca. 1939 Lubstein interior. I.e. Sonderklasse, with the fore head pressure free stuff.

ss visor cap questionss visor cap questionHere is a Mueller cap from 1935 with a maker's logo, but such logos were banned in 1935, and thus til about 1941.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast