Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

ss visor cap question

Article about: The close up of the totenkopf appears to show a silver piping on the cap which would indicate general officer. The quality and color of the piping do not meet what I would expect to find on

Default Re: ss visor cap question

The close up of the totenkopf appears to show a silver piping on the cap which would indicate general officer. The quality and color of the piping do not meet what I would expect to find on a period hat. Back in the early 1970's, a friend of mine found a genuine Erel black SS general officer cap in an old garage in Chicago. The back end of it was completely covered in old white paint. The cap was genuine but were not up to the condition stndards of what I wanted to collect. From the images posted, I believe the cap which was the subject of this thread is definitely 4th Reich material.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss visor cap question
    P
    Many

The insignia are 100% fake. It's the known M1/24 pair.

thanks guys for the input.

ss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionSorry not to give you good news.

ss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionAuthentic SS regalia is concentrated in a few places, is very expensive, and conflicted by a horde of zombies and wombats who declaim everything as fake, even if it might actually be real.

I have been at this for nearly fifty years and have acquired some insights along with what I hope are some real items. But the pain in the a$$ that goes with it all is daunting, that's for sure.

?

Genuine Lubstein cap parts are often used in frankenstein creations due to the fact that the sweatbands are fairly easy to transplant. I must have seen at least a hundred dubious Lubstein SS Generals caps, mostly in grey but some in black.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Genuine Lubstein cap parts are often used in frankenstein creations due to the fact that the sweatbands are fairly easy to transplant. I must have seen at least a hundred dubious Lubstein SS Generals caps, mostly in grey but some in black.
    The voice of authority and pity all those nice, real caps that were slaughtered this way.....!

?

Indeed a pity but we collectors are to blame. A large emphasis was placed on the desirability of Lubstein caps for many years so it's really no surprise that the fakers choose this maker to base their creations on. They must have been rubbing their hands in glee though because out of all the makers that could have been chosen as an "elite" maker, Lubstein is the easiest to fake.

ss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap questionss visor cap question
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    Indeed a pity but we collectors are to blame. A large emphasis was placed on the desirability of Lubstein caps for many years so it's really no surprise that the fakers choose this maker to base their creations on. They must have been rubbing their hands in glee though because out of all the makers that could have been chosen as an "elite" maker, Lubstein is the easiest to fake.
    Very interesting post, to be sure.

I am happy to have secured a cap made by an actual elite tailor, Holters.

?

I keep getting drawn to the black thread used for the visor on your Holters cap. Was the visor replaced or is it not unusual to see thread that doesnt blend in?

Cheers, Pat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast