Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?

Article about: Hi all, I came across this SS visor on sale for \\$3,500. It looks period to me. Is that not insanely cheap?? Would this not usually go for about \\$8,000?... It is not in perfect condition, but

Default Re: SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?

I have also noticed that in most fakes, not just this thread, the quality of the photos (grainy, dark) or angle of the photos are made to keep the viewer from seeing the important details. I'm not just referring to the above photos either.

Glen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS visor cap on sale for what seems like insanely cheap, looks good too?

Both are junk, and I believe from ole Charlie Snyder, for whom the internet has not slowed down his business one iota--as said on another forum, "he has spread more crap than John Deere...."(!)
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by locloc08 View Post
    Hi all, I came across this SS visor on sale for $3,500. It looks period to me. Is that not insanely cheap?? Would this not usually go for about $8,000?... It is not in perfect condition, but still. Please correct me if I'm wrong, that is, if there's something about this hat that makes $3,500 a fair price.
    PS--
    Please read as many of F-B's headgear threads as you can.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Both are junk, and I believe from ole Charlie Snyder, for whom the internet has not slowed down his business one iota--as said on another forum, "he has spread more crap than John Deere...."(!)
    Found these posted elsewhere, not directly from the dealer, someone else inquiring about them to no reply, so I thought I would on here.

So, I looked into this guy... Took a good look at his site for a good while... Indeed, I found the caps in question on his site! Wow, what a crook! But they weren't even the worst offenders! I couldn't believe my eyes when I came across the supposed "Hermann Goring Blue Max" And all for the pedestrian price of 15,000! My God, regular Pour le Merites can sell for 15,000 grand or more, let alone one owned by Hermann Goring... Does he expect people to believe this crap?? Obviously he does, and they do... Example: "Herman Goring's visor hat" was SOLD... I can only imagine the kind of money he made off that wretched fake. I mean, given the topic of this thread I'm no expert on hats at all, and even *I* could tell that one was bogus.

Quote by locloc08 View Post
    Found these posted elsewhere, not directly from the dealer, someone else inquiring about them to no reply, so I thought I would on here.

So, I looked into this guy... Took a good look at his site for a good while... Indeed, I found the caps in question on his site! Wow, what a crook! But they weren't even the worst offenders! I couldn't believe my eyes when I came across the supposed "Hermann Goring Blue Max" And all for the pedestrian price of 15,000! My God, regular Pour le Merites can sell for 15,000 grand or more, let alone one owned by Hermann Goring... Does he expect people to believe this crap?? Obviously he does, and they do... Example: "Herman Goring's visor hat" was SOLD... I can only imagine the kind of money he made off that wretched fake. I mean, given the topic of this thread I'm no expert on hats at all, and even *I* could tell that one was bogus.
    I sent this clown Snyder an email one day asking about certain items he has, and actually said some of his items seemed to be reproductions, and that was ok with him, it was me asking him why he puts staples through his collar tabs, and just about everything else he has, that's when he blacked my email address, and sent me a real nasty email, and will not answer my phone calls now.

WHAT A JOKE.....

I'm sure he reads these forums, and what we say about him in here.

Brian

Looked into what more people were saying about him--apparently he's hawked what he wants you to believe are Eva Braun's panties on eBay before! No shame!!

Looks like there's a mix of real and bogus crap on his site, the bogus crap substituting for more high-end items. Even if he had an original I wanted... I would not give him a penny of my money.

Oh! If you act now, you can get your very own original Fedor von Bock Field Marshal baton! POR... Wonder what he's trying get for that gem... Probably the cost of a house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2