Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS visor hats

Article about: Hello, I’m trying to decide on an SS visor to pull the trigger on. I've narrowed it between two that are in my price range. The first (link below) 404 (Page Not Found) Error - Ever feel like

Default SS visor hats

Hello,

I’m trying to decide on an SS visor to pull the trigger on. I've narrowed it between two that are in my price range.

The first (link below)
    404 (Page Not Found) Error - Ever feel like you're in the wrong place?

This visor has a few things I’ve not seen with other examples I’ve come across. The insignia looks bad, but seller is willing to take off for lower price. It’s missing the SS tag behind the leather band. In addition, the celluloid diamond looks oddly shaped and it doesn’t have the small square box the owners tag name goes in. Maybe this is normal and I’m being too paranoid. The seller (Dariusz "Darek" Michalski) is based in Canada, which makes me even more cautious because it could be that much harder to deal with if a problem arises. Anyone have dealings with this seller?

The second
    http://www.germaniainternational.com...dssncohat.html

This visor looks more text book, but I’ve noticed the seller has some fake insignia (SS skull and Eagle) for sell on the website listed as authentic. I think even the amateurs know that original SS skulls never had an SS logo next to the maker’s mark.

So gents, if I could ask the more experienced to give an opinion it would be appreciated.

Thanks
    AT

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor hats
    P
    Many

Apologies on the first link.. here it is
    WW2 GERMAN MILITARIA - Gallery: D-HAD-HAT-6

I don't know the first dealer, but thumbnail photos are pathetic when trying to sell an SS visor hat. The second site (Germania) is right up there with "Snyder's Treasures", so caveat emptor.

I say skip them both and go for one that has unquestionable original insignia (that matches).
    Hritz has a nice (& mint) one by Naubert for sale on Demel's site--no worries here:

Allgemeine-SS Visor Cap -Mint RZM/49
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”