Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Visor with photos of owner

Article about: Here is a new pickup and I wanted to get any comments on it. Sorry for some of the poor photos. Thank you!

The other issue with the cap is to look for signs of the army wreath and cockade, I guess.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Visor with photos of owner
    P
    Many

They look like two totally different men. Not the same...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    The skull and eagle are not Original to the visor. Did you knew this?
    This cap was discussed before on GHW.

Error - German Helmet Walhalla
    Would you kindly paraphrase this discussion here, please?

I do not have access to this site, nor am I going to waste my time gaining it.

You cannot assume that everyone here reads all these sites.

I do not and I will not.

My loyalty is to this place.

It is not unusual to find SS men utilizing Heer material. Most common was the use of a Heer breast eagle in lieu of the SS sleeve eagle. There are many pictures of this in wear. I personally do not see a problem with restoring original cap insignia to this cap unless there is evidence of previous Heer insignia.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Well said.

Thank you gentleman. I am in process of learning German but have a little ways to go. I appreciate your opinions and learn from your wisdom.

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    Thank you gentleman. I am in process of learning German but have a little ways to go. I appreciate your opinions and learn from your wisdom.
    Thanks and good luck.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Andreas can fix what I left out.
    My pleasure, although only very little was left out. Here we go:

"I was born on 27 September 1919 in Bisingen/Hohenzollern as the first child of Karl Brandstetter and his wife Emma née Gausch. From the year of 1926 until 1934, I attended the Volksschule and thereafter the Fortbildungsschule for two more years. From 5th April 1934 until 30th September 1937, I worked as an unskilled laborer in the 'Mercedes' shoe factory in Böblingen/Württemberg. I joined the Hitler Youth on 3rd September 1933 and belonged to it without interruption until 30th September 1937. On 1st October 1937, I voluntarily joined the Reichsarbeitsdienst, where I was active until 28 March 1938, and on 4th April 1938, I joined the 1./SS-T.V. 'Oberbayern'.

[signed: Paul Brandstetter]"

His RuS questionnaire also tells us that he held the DLRG's basic lifesaving certificate and was originally Catholic, but later left the church and declared himself "gottgläubig".
    At the time he filled out the form, he was single and his place of residence was at the barracks of the SSTV regiment "Oberbayern" at Dachau.

All very typical indeed.

By the way, as the decorations were mentioned earlier: Brandstetter had not yet attained the DRL sports badge when he joined the SS. (It is not seen in the photograph showing him in the black service dress and there is no entry for it in the designated space on his RuS questionnaire. Thus, he qualified for the badge after joining up, as all SS candidates were expected to qualify for the German Sports Badge and the SA Sports Badge, although in reality, this was never fully enforced.
    His portrait in field grey also shows the ribbons for the Austrian and Sudetenland annexation medals. Elements of "Oberbayern" participated in both operations; our man was clearly among them. Again, all quite typical.

a very interesting thread,thank you all.

SS Visor with photos of ownerSS Visor with photos of ownerThank you, Andreas. The photo of Brandstetter and a similar cuff title to his own on a tunic.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast