Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Visor - your help is needed

Article about: Hello I have seen here in the forum that there is a good discussion culture in giving your opinions to the shown items. Well this is not in every forum the case. The visor in question was di

The easiest "tell" is what I call the "triple serial numbers"--the same serial number repeated 3x printed on the back of the sweatband.
    These #s were common to BRD and Austrian visors of the 1950's and 1960's--if you see a hint of one, run. thanks "stonemint" !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Visor - your help is needed
    P
    Many

Yes, Sebastian, but I assert that the sweat band with the vertical series of numbers is not native to this cap. It is typical of a Bw cap.

?

Hallo

The sweatband is definatly replaced, please be more exact so that we can learn what is wrong with lining and construction
    If you need more detailed pics its no problem
    PS: I just have seen that BenVk is expelled from this forum, :-(((

The sweatband is definatly replaced
    Are you realy sure ? the sw is in the same condition of the lining and the rest of the cap to me... look the stitching... and I would love to take a piece of this Diamond for investigation...

Look the Sw shadow...the same size for sure...

To solidify what Friedrich has already stated..in the past 3 pages..a visit also from Mr. Stonemint..would pretty much put some closure on this cap..regarding authenticity. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    To solidify what Friedrich has already stated..in the past 3 pages..a visit also from Mr. Stonemint..would pretty much put some closure on this cap..regarding authenticity. Regards Larry
    Thank you, colleague, your wise counsel is always so welcome whenever and however your offer it to us here.

?

I am sure, here are some pics of the sloopy stitching line of the sweatband which is going
    around the whole cap. In none of my caps i can find a trace of the stitching when its well done
    In one pic you can see that the lining is coming out between cap and sweatband

The diamond is stiff plastic (if this is correct english)

Here are some pics to illustrate
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Visor - your help is needed   SS Visor - your help is needed  

SS Visor - your help is needed   SS Visor - your help is needed  

This visor gives me a bad feeling. The complete interior looks like artificially aged. To the outside I see no traces of wear or sweat bleeding through the velvet band. Looking at the inside this visor was heavily worn. I advise to take a small piece of the celluloid and put it on fire. Plastic burns totally different compared with celluloid. For me this visor is a creepy one.

A cap i would want only if it's a super bargain cause it's too much managed.
    I think at the end is good however
    i would check the black band cause from my phone it show a coloration suspicious... but probably it's just my phone. When i see a black turn on purple like modern colours (wartime turn on brown-grey) i'm always on alert.

The work on sweatband is clear and needs a proper restoration. I am not AT ALL a fan of some perfect heavy restorations (and price asked by sellers) but here is necessary cause you must give to the visor the wartime materials.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3