Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Vlaanderen visor

Article about: With post 8 I showed you two pages from my book. I had a look for the photographs and two I found quickly. As I thought various of you may like details, I have scanned them and include the p

With post 8 I showed you two pages from my book. I had a look for the photographs
    and two I found quickly. As I thought various of you may like details, I have scanned
    them and include the photos here, with some of its details. Better is not possible, but
    I hope you all like it!

First SS-Sturmmann Jef Verschueren:

SS Vlaanderen visor SS Vlaanderen visor

SS Vlaanderen visor

SS Vlaanderen visor

SS Vlaanderen visor

Second SS-Mann Slaets:

SS Vlaanderen visor SS Vlaanderen visor

SS Vlaanderen visor

I think buckle-collectors will run at the mouth, isn't?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Vlaanderen visor
    P
    Many

Got my, Headgear of Hitler's Germany vol 1-5 last week,an absolute must for collectors...excellent books

Thank you, Wim, for the nice images. I wonder what happened to these people in 1945?

Thanks for the extra pics Wilhelm ...and yes, that buckle is very rarely seen !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Well about the buckle it often is said to be fantasy. It is obvious this isn't?

SS Vlaanderen visor

The drawings are from the books "Vlaanderen in uniform" from Jan Vincx.
    See what he says about the open and closed wreath. Verschueren and
    Slaets do both wear the cuffband SS-Vlaanderen.

Have you posted that photo of the buckle in wear on the buckle section ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

No, I show it here. If buckle collectors would like to see it, they can have a look at this thread.
    I made a new scan from the buckle while I am convinced the worn buckle is not pebbled at all.
    One would have seen anyway somehwere at the buckle the "Körnung". These buckles are
    heavily faked, but for what reason the fakers included a wrong RZM code, do not ask me??

SS Vlaanderen visor

No and the taken photograph is not a post war photograph. My friend Jan Vincx did have this
    photograph already anyway for years when I visited him in 1978/1979. Jan had many contacts
    in the right-winged scene and many contacts with former right-winged persons, who served
    during WWII. I got a copy from the photograph in about 1980.

Woolgar: I made a note for those interested in the buckle section!!

?

Excellent thread.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Excellent thread.
    Thanks and our site, with its fine members, strives to build knowledge in good company and according to the categorical principle.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you, Wim, for the nice images. I wonder what happened to these people in 1945?
    Couple of them were executed and those who didn't lost their Civilianrights. Even untill today there are some of them that still don't have them back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast