Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Volga Collar Tab

Article about: Hello, I have seen another member who posted the same collar tab that I have, however I have noticed some differences. My tab has four teeth as compared to the other tab that was confirmed.

Default SS Volga Collar Tab

Hello, I have seen another member who posted the same collar tab that I have, however I have noticed some differences. My tab has four teeth as compared to the other tab that was confirmed. My wolf also has a slightly overall different look.SS Volga Collar TabSS Volga Collar Tab

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Volga Collar Tab
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Volga Collar Tab

Im liking this piece. 30th Waffen SS Division saw a lot of action. Let the others chime in, but i think its ok.

?

It's not a 30 div tab, we had discussion about tab a couple of days ago. It's original Dachau made tab
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

No worries, I compared it to serveral other examples, and they all had the same teeth as yours.

Compare,

C-411 Unissued Collar Tab for Weissruthenische

Also, you must remember where these tabs were made. Many of them have different variants out their. Congrats on a nice tab.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    It's not a 30 div tab, we had discussion about tab a couple of days ago. It's original Dachau made tab
    These were manufactured in Dachau but apparently none were ever issued and worn. They were designed for the 30th Waffen Grenadier Division "Bellorussia". I am not particularly liking the backing material on the posted one, however. It does not look as "fine" as most of the other coarser specimens that I've seen, but that could simply be a trick of the light, I suppose.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It looks ok to me

A nice design and a must for every SS tab collector !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

A small part of this division fought in the east of France, without colar tabs!
    The success of the French breakthrough in the Belfort Gap starting on 13 November 1944 created a crisis in the German defenses from Belfort to Mulhouse. With defending units under severe pressure by the French advance, the Germans committed the 30th SS Division to counterattack the French attack at Seppois. The advance of the SS division on 19 November reached a point roughly a mile north of Seppois, but was held there and pushed back by French counterattacks.[18]

The 30th SS Division went on the defense in the area around Altkirch, forcing the French 1st Armored Division to fight a sharp action in order to capture the town on 21 November. On 22 November 1944, Army Group G issued a report which noted the achievement of the 30th Division in destroying six French tanks and inflicting significant losses on advancing French forces.[citation needed]

As the German situation in lower Alsace solidified into what would become known as the Colmar Pocket, the 30th SS Division remained in the German front line north of Huningue and west of the Rhine River.[19] In late December 1944, with its manpower down to 4,400 men, the division was withdrawn from the front and ordered to the Grafenwöhr training area deep inside of Germany.[

Stated by Mr. Shea in regards to the division which I've posted earlier, "There were four different variations of collar tabs attributed to this Division, but there are doubts that any were ever issued." So as I've said, this tab and the tab posted in the other thread, are two different variants.

Everyone has been a great help, thank you all.