Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS-VT 8th Sturm Collar Tabs

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold There is, however, in German much new, excellent research on the Waffen SS of a young generation, to include a future biography of Eicke in the vein of the recent bios

?

Default SS-VT 8th Sturm Collar Tabs

Hello,

I might be interested in buying this SS-VT 8th Sturm collar tabs for sale at Hannahsreich. I don't collect uniforms,mostly documents.I know this is a dangerous field,so I really would appreciate any comments regarding originality and rarity of this item, from you,experts.
    Thanks a lot,
    Jose
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar Tabs   SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar Tabs  

SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar Tabs   SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar Tabs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS-VT 8th Sturm Collar Tabs

I think you want to distinguish between the SS Verfuegungstruppe and the SS Totenkopfverbaende, do you not? Also the company size units in the SSTV were called Hundertschaften, not Stuerme.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-12-2013 at 04:21 AM.

SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsDo compare your badge to this.....

SSTV hand embroidery is a world onto itself. I am no expert, as I own exactly one item of this type attached to a black tunic which has sound provenance.
    In this case, I would turn to Bob Hritz and to Robert Hassler for an expert view, and, of course, as always, no one can say solely based on these images alone.
    The same goes for the uniform from this source that you want. You cannot really say 100% without looking at it in hand.
    If others offer a windy opinion on a complicated woolen or whatever item via a computer image alone, you are not really receiving anything other than a cursory opinion.

SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsOr compare to this....

looks like fine to me ... 3900pounds = $7200 here so i will not own one any time soon

?

Hello,Friedrich,
    Thank you for your comments and also for sharing your fabulous TV tunic.
    I politely disagree when you say you are not expert.I have been learning a lot with you.
    We can wait for Bob and Robert,of course.
    Best,
    José

Quote by hawkins View Post
    looks like fine to me ... 3900pounds = $7200 here so i will not own one any time soon
    My first impression is also positive, but I have read so many postings about refined fakes that I am always cautious. This price is one third of the entire cost of the tunic I own....go figure.

SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar Tabs
    Quote by jose View Post
    Hello,Friedrich,
    Thank you for your comments and also for sharing your fabulous TV tunic.
    I politely disagree when you say you are not expert.I have been learning a lot with you.
    We can wait for Bob and Robert,of course.
    Best,
    José
    Dear Jose, thank you, but I really am out of my depth with these, save that I do own some SS embroidery likely made by similar or the same firms. But each of these was unique, that is, each thing that is hand made is naturally different in subtle ways. The two men whose name I mentioned have specialized in all of this, as has my mentor, David Delich.
    I would approach any SSTV material with double caution.

?

F-B is certainly correct in attributing this insignia to the SS-TV and not the SS-VT and I thank him for his contribution here. I offer this photo as evidence of the cross over in these units as the SS-VT enlarged and began to encorporate elements of the SS-TV. Is it any wonder we are still confused about these things.
    SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar Tabs
    Last edited by jHAM; 03-13-2013 at 02:13 AM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast