Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS-VT 8th Sturm Collar Tabs

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold There is, however, in German much new, excellent research on the Waffen SS of a young generation, to include a future biography of Eicke in the vein of the recent bios

Default Re: SS-VT 8th Sturm Collar Tabs

Quote by jHAM View Post
    F-B is certainly correct in attributing this insignia to the SS-TV and not the SS-VT and I thank him for his contribution here. I offer this photo as evidence of the cross over in these units as the SS-VT enlarged and began to encorperate elements of the SS-TV. Is it any wonder we are still confused about these things.
    Attachment 483568
    Thank you for the fine image with the subtle details.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsI am sure that these details were even complicated to Germans in the year 1938.

A nice original one.
    Most of the time something like this is going under the table and even not offered on a website.
    Look for another numbered one, hard to find and the Arabic numbers are harder to get then the roman numbers I II III.
    And for my view EM is even harder to find then bullion with the Arabic numbers.

Quote by Robert H View Post
    A nice original one.
    Most of the time something like this is going under the table and even not offered on a website.
    Look for another numbered one, hard to find and the Arabic numbers are harder to get then the roman numbers I II III.
    And for my view EM is even harder to find then bullion with the Arabic numbers.
    The voice of authority and thanks, Robert. So, to all looking here, Robert knows his stuff and I respect his views greatly. He pays close attention to these items and moves and shakes in the circles of those who collect these things in a serious way.
    I do not, other than the luck I had with one nice piece.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-13-2013 at 07:51 PM.

?

Mr. Robert Hassler,

Thank you for your reply.It is very good to know for sure the tab is authentic.Even better that it is rare and seldom offered for sale.Almost six thousands dollars is a lot of money for sure but one must realize that there are no bargains in such stuff.

Mr. Friedrich,

Many thanks for your advise and for sharing some pieces of your wonderful collection.

?

I have been rereading Snydor and Mollo #4 to brush up on SS-TK after posting this photo. In case anyone is interested the photo is from a book related to the Sudetan operation. According to Mollo #4 p13 the first and second bat. of 1st TKstandarte Oberbayern took part as an element of the SS-VT. Sep 1938. Thanks
    SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar Tabs

Thank you jHAM for posting the photograph and for following up on it. The period caption is interesting as it refers to the capture of 'Ascher Land' which i believe was the term for Bohemia, ( I'm sure HPL will correct me if I'm wrong). Many documents indicate that the Oberbayern participation was originally a clandestine one as they entered the Sudetenland ahead of the occupation.
    The collar patch appears to be for the 1st Hundertschaft but the collar patch may well show a Roman numeral I.
    d'Alquen
    Last edited by d'alquen; 03-16-2013 at 02:18 AM.

?

Thank you Mr. d'alquen for commenting on my photo as you are the real expert on this subject. The photo is from this book.

That would have been the Ascher Land, in the vicinity of Asch in the Sudetenland, It is in north west Bohemia in the Czech Republic of today, adjacent to Bavaria in the Czech Landkreis Cheb. SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar Tabs
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-16-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    Thank you Mr. d'alquen for commenting on my photo as you are the real expert on this subject. The photo is from this book.
    A book I have proudly owned since 1 9 7 6.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast