Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS-VT 8th Sturm Collar Tabs

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold There is, however, in German much new, excellent research on the Waffen SS of a young generation, to include a future biography of Eicke in the vein of the recent bios

?

Default Re: SS-VT 8th Sturm Collar Tabs

Since I misspelled it in the earlier post. Here is the full name Charles W. Sydnor, Jr. My apologies.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar Tabs
    Quote by jHAM View Post
    Since I misspelled it in the earlier post. Here is the full name Charles W. Sydnor, Jr. My apologies.
    His is the very good book on the SSTV and Totenkopf Division, which has recently been translated in German and with an updated bibliographical essay by him.
    There is, however, in German much new, excellent research on the Waffen SS of a young generation, to include a future biography of Eicke in the vein of the recent bios of Heini H. and Reinhard Heydrich.
    I wish I were writing my dissertation now with this cohort of very interesting, young scholars. I started in 1978/9 and was told to dump the SS.....

SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsI have mentioned this work, which is not in English as you can plainly see, but it contains a lot on the SSTV and it is superb. Not for the casual reader, to be sure, but a serious interest in this topic requires a firm constitution and constancy. Sydnor's book is from the 1970s, and there is much more interesting and new work, but I cannot see this last title I have included in this climate easily being translated into English, since such a thing is very costly.
    And the younger cohort sees this medium as obsolete. ...and me with it.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

And the younger cohort sees this medium as obsolete. ...and me with it.
    Your work on these forums is testament to the falsity of this claim. Your "voice" stands out on other forums under other pseudonyms. It is a leading voice that challenges and directs. To me you are far from obsolete. Thanks.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    Your work on these forums is testament to the falsity of this claim. Your "voice" stands out on other forums under other pseudonyms. It is a leading voice that challenges and directs. To me you are far from obsolete. Thanks.
    Thanks, dear friend, you are very kind, but this 21st century thing is totally alien to me, really.
    On the one hand, our interaction has great merit and satisfaction, but it is not my preferred way of doing things.

SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsBy medium, I had meant scholarly books, actually, which it took me more or less from 1971 until 1988 to learn how to write.

SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsSS-VT  8th Sturm Collar TabsBut I might move to Berlin or Vienna and go out the door this way....which I would rather like, actually.

SS-VT  8th Sturm Collar Tabsziemlich so......

?

These works are often challenging to read and require effort and sometimes slow reading. I also do not prefer this medium and often wish I could pursue these subjects in a different setting as opposed to the free for all of web life.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    These works are often challenging to read and require effort and sometimes slow reading. I also do not prefer this medium and often wish I could pursue these subjects in a different setting as opposed to the free for all of web life.
    This medium takes a huge amount of time and psychic energy if one wants to keep above the fray.
    I am like the vaudeville actor who could not make the transition to speaking film. I need a real audience, that is, real people in front of me.
    I cannot read any longer the way I once did, especially since responsibility and being connected all the time slaughters the peace of mind that is essential to be creative.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast