Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS VT/ Allgemeine Tunics just posted

Article about: May this tunic belonged to one of these men. Attachment 377117

Default SS VT/ Allgemeine Tunics just posted

Any opinions on the SS tunics just posted on Hannah's Reich ???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS VT/ Allgemeine Tunics just posted
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS VT/ Allgemeine Tunics just posted

I e-mailed him this week as to are all three pieces going in one lot or is he going to break them up?His prices are very high to say the least but i am sure you know this!I rarely post anymore,but i thought you might like to know this and i believe because he and other dealers do the 'POR' much of the time on there big stuff.

Much appreciated, I like the Deutschland tunic but have concerns over the collar tabs. The Der Fuhrer tunic has been reconstructed.

Kind regards,

Grant Reimers

pictures will help getting more people in to the discussion.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Here is the link

Hanners Reich

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Just went to Hannah's Reich and saw the pieces going separately and as far as prices and totally good or restored thats for the members who know this material!

SS VT/ Allgemeine Tunics just postedSS VT/ Allgemeine Tunics just postedSuch items require a minute inspection. The collar patch of the Bayreuth piece (left image) looks very odd. The tunic itself is authentic.
    The two SSVT pieces look ok, but they also require a minute inspection. That the Der Fuehrer piece is tailored on the Mariahilferstrasse, Wien is good. The address I have passed five hundred times, but no uniforms are to be had there any longer.

My generalizations are based on Stiles' images.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-28-2012 at 02:42 PM.

SS VT/ Allgemeine Tunics just postedI have referred these images to the senior most SS collector, and he is quite happy with the embroidery that I disparaged, so I retract my statement of "odd" above. It is a variation, one of many and endless in its variety.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-29-2012 at 04:00 AM.

I must say FB, when I first saw the Bayreuth (41) insignia on this piece, I believed it to be an embarrassing and appalling attempt. If it has indeed been confirmed as original, which I will accept due to my limited knowledge, it cannot be one of the earliest examples of Allgemeine insignia, prior to any form of quality control, due to the period when the 41st was raised. To me it looks as though the individual / wife decided to make their own; I just cannot imagine this individual passing inspection.

Just my thoughts,

Kind regards,

Grant.

SS VT/ Allgemeine Tunics just postedI consult with the man whom I consider to be the leading SS collector in North America and possibly the world who shall remain nameless here out of discretion. I transfer his positive judgment and accept same without question.
    The tunic, itself, is not of early make, being of the model ca. 1936-7, or so. I have an identical tunic with insignia for Saaz/Egerland, realm of Wallenstein.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast