Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS VT light weight open neck details

Article about: But you will only find a topic like this on this forum. Thanks for sharing, great reference. Pat

?

Default re: SS VT light weight open neck details

But you will only find a topic like this on this forum.

Thanks for sharing, great reference.
    Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS VT light weight open neck details
    P
    Many

SS VT light weight open neck detailsSS VT light weight open neck detailsSS VT light weight open neck detailsSS VT light weight open neck detailsSS VT light weight open neck detailsSS VT light weight open neck detailsSS VT light weight open neck detailsSS VT light weight open neck detailsSS VT light weight open neck detailsSS VT light weight open neck detailsSS VT light weight open neck detailsSS VT light weight open neck detailsSS VT light weight open neck detailsSS VT light weight open neck detailsDetails of uniforms in the original are among our strengths, here....

?

SS VT light weight open neck detailsThe reinforcement stitching behind the open collar is typical and helped to keep the lapel flat i have seen this used on a field tunic as well. Here is one I owned lets see if anyone can tell me what type of tunic and material it is. I am aquainted with a Romanian man who was trained by old school German tailors in his tailoring school in Europe so the old techniques have survived and can be used. This is a very nice forum for discussion although it becomes a bit tiresome constantly hearing the other one bashed....one needs to learn to work around the fodder in any educational setting.

?

SS VT light weight open neck detailsHere is another I owned which used the reinforcement stitches to hold the collar flat. You can see the stitch lines on the chest beneath the left collar used to keep the collar open.

Thank you, John, for the nice image of your SS 1 Obersturmbannfuehrer uniform. I recall it. Do you have more detailed images of it?

?

SS VT light weight open neck detailsI do but unfortunately not of the stitching I refer to which Robert shows on his excellent tunic. Here I circle the area i am refering to and one can make out the effects of the added stitches used to keep the collar flat when worn open.

The other gray tunic I posted is actually a retailored "Reichsheer" tunic that was completely retailored for an SS Obersturmbannfuhrer all the buttonholes were closed and moved and the collar opened and the twisted piping added LORD do I wish I had kept that tunic which had Heer black piped boards and was missing the sleeve eagle and cufftitle but clearly had the ghost shadows of them. At the time I was young and foolish and was bothered by the missing insignias and sent it to auction at AAGI. I purchased it for a mere $800 and it was a beauty but I wanted a "Combat" tunic....slap me in the face for stupidity. Stephen Flood of AAGI added an LAH title and fake sleeve eagle to it after purchasing it from me, when it did not sell at auction, it sold after he did that though lol and he made money on it.

The VT style combat tunic shown was sold to a midwest collector and had a replaced SS runic tab and was also missing the sleeve eagle. A fine but heavily worn tunic. No regrets selling it to a nice gentleman whom I know will take care of it and sell it properly when the time comes.

I do wish I could track down the other though it has to be out there in some obscure collection someplace? I can no longer afford big ticket items in lump sums but maybe some day a person willing to deal will accept payments so I can once again own a nice SS tunic. Until then heer and luftwaffe is my focus.

SS VT light weight open neck detailsSS VT light weight open neck detailsThanks. There are all kinds of things I sold off in the course of forty five odd years which I wish I had kept. This is a silken grey SS cap I sold soon after this picture was taken in 1974.

Default Re: SS VT light weight open neck details

that Loeper cufftitle with the number 7 is a nice bomber. Very nice!
    Remember the Schlegel example I got once where the Sturm title was stitched to the honor title.

Very nice material I see here!

?

Quote by Robert H View Post
    that Loeper cufftitle with the number 7 is a nice bomber. Very nice!
    Remember the Schlegel example I got once where the Sturm title was stitched to the honor title.

Very nice material I see here!
    The Schlegel example that you acquired with the sturm title was certainly an amazing piece. You are very talented at finding these treasures. Thank you for sharing them with us.

?

I agree with jHAM above. Thanks to Robert for sharing his treasures and, most important, his knowledge. Many thanks to those who further contributed to the thread as well. We are very fortunate to have such experienced and knowledgable members.

CMH

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast