Default Re: ss vt officers tunic

It has this tag within.....
    Attached Images Attached Images ss vt officers tunic 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss vt officers tunic
    P
    Many

It came with this cap that is also pictured in the Wilkins book. It is an enlisted cap upgraded to an officer.

Happy collecting.

Might I make a single observation as concerns the purported RZM tags (see post 7) found in the slacks with the white piping---I do not like them either.

Leading dealers have sent me examples to examine, and I do not like them.

However, the only way really to tell with this stuff is to look at in hand with a lense. The electro pictures are suggestive, but not without their pitfalls.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-12-2008 at 04:52 AM.

thanks yes i am aware of these tags as i have a few more black items with them . may a ask what you think of the tunic ? this came from the same person who owned the title in post 18 . i my self can not find fault in the tunic when comparing it to others . THE ONLY OTHER TIME I HAVE SEEN THESE TAGS IN OIL CLOTH IS ON SOME NECK TIES . and these paints
    i have sent photos of the tag to peter jenkins some time ago and he seems to think they are fine . do you need more photos ? kind regards

I respect Peter Jenkins greatly. Thus, you can have faith in his opinion. Everyone is free to come to their own conclusions. Electronic pictures are part of any assessment. The final process must include a personal examination that requires more than merely the sense of sight. Or, as Frederick II put it: jedem das Seine...

One final point, the units described at the beginning of this file are those of the Allgemeine SS, not the SS Verfuegungstruppe. There was a considerable difference in the organization of the so called Gesamt-SS.

Happy collecting.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-12-2008 at 05:14 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This is a Sudeten SS tunic from Saaz that was, in fact, an issue piece with the VA stamp and the RZM/SS tag. It was sold by Shea and was found by Burrmeister in a "motel buy." It is pictured otherwise in a Schiffer book on war booty.
    Hello Friedrich

have you got photo of second half this nice uniform?

Thanks

more images from Egerland.... staff, III Sturmbann and VA 1938 issue stamp, as one would have expected for a unit raised at the end of 1938.
    Attached Images Attached Images ss vt officers tunic  ss vt officers tunic 

Uniform as sold by Shea....originally found by US soldier on the way to Pilsen in 1945; gotten in "motel buy" by Burrmeister; sold by Shea. As found, the thing was missing the rank patch.

SS Ring Man
    ?

Wounderful item

Some more officer's uniforms.... Cologne/Aachen/Bonn Standarte and Saarbruecken Standarte. The Sta. 58 uniform came from a well known collector from Alabama with a first rate collection; the Saarbruecken piece emerged on the market via Manion in 1978. It also has the HQ, 1st Sturmbann rendered in a roman numeral on the cuff.

To be sure, these are not the uniforms of Waffen SS Tiger tank KC holders, but they are authentic, unlike much of the rest of the Schund one sees in the internet.

These two uniforms are Trikot, were tailor made, and are unmarked save for the buttons and maybe the shoulder cords.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss vt officers tunic   ss vt officers tunic  

some caps..... from left to right, an early cap with early badges; also an early cap with post 1934 ish badges; an Extraanfertigung cap from 1935 with later badges; a 1938 Wagner cap in Tellermuetze form ex Praha/Barandov film Fundus. I imagine that the badges on the right hand piece were replaced, but the cap is authentic and also from 1938, like the Sudeten uniform above. The latter piece diverges in an interesting way from other C Wagner caps of the era, of which I have seen a few.

Happy collecting....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast