MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS-VT-overseas cap

Article about: Hello. I just saw this SS-VT-overseas cap and want to know, if it is worth spending money on it or better let it go? For me, it looks a bit new and do they wear metal-eagles on it? Thank you

..but of the embroidered type as usually found on such a real SSTV cap. I owned one which I think is in the Beaver Shea book, and it was bestickt.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-VT-overseas cap
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    ..but of the embroidered type as usually found on such a real SSTV cap. I owned one which I think is in the Beaver Shea book, and it was bestickt.
    That is correct, it is always stitched. Here It is a ordinary (cheap) eagle that has been used that's about It.

SS-VT-overseas cap
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Here is what I meant. I was away from my picture files. I think this image is courtesy Hritz. I sold mine of this type in about 1974, and had a chance to buy one in 1999, but did not do so. A mistake.

SS-VT-overseas capSS-VT-overseas capA distinction is drawn between the metal 1927 Hoheitskokarde and this badge (right) that was or was not introduced in 1934.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-17-2014 at 09:26 PM.

twf
    ?

Steve, What are the two caps on the bottom? I just posted a question on a cap the color of the second from the bottom with an eagle like the one on the bottom. I have no idea what it is.
    Thanks!
    Regards,
    Tom

Quote by twf View Post
    Steve, What are the two caps on the bottom? I just posted a question on a cap the color of the second from the bottom with an eagle like the one on the bottom. I have no idea what it is.
    Thanks!
    Regards,
    Tom
    Tom. Do you mean this image?

SS-VT-overseas cap

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Tom. Do you mean this image?

SS-VT-overseas cap

Brian
    These are Bob Hritz's caps. The image is quite old. The earth brown cap is for the SSTV. We have explained this item numerous times.
    "TWF" also got a very well illustrated answer to his query, which he seems unable or unwilling to acknowledge when he receives help. Not a good thing for a
    beginner here. Sometimes Nazi regalia is just too complicated for certain persons. We move at a very brisk pace here.

- - ------- - -

Bob Hritz is a very advanced SS collector and a friend of Bob Coleman's.

the black cap with the SA badge is likely something for the NSKK, but I do not know, Wim would know or Bob Coleman would know....

Well FB you have my thanks! I was confused by the question, and figured that was the image being asked about. Honestly though I didn't know the answer. But thanks to you now I do😁! As always kindest regards to you, and best wishes for the sunniest days in the land of murky!

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    Well FB you have my thanks! I was confused by the question, and figured that was the image being asked about. Honestly though I didn't know the answer. But thanks to you now I do😁! As always kindest regards to you, and best wishes for the sunniest days in the land of murky!

Brian

Confusion is my metier and my hourly fate. "TFW" posted a fake cap elsewhere of a type I vaguely know, but the brown SSTV cap is one I once owned, and
    I had a chance to buy another years ago, and I failed to do so, and I have seen none since. It was a prized possession of mine in the early 1970s.
    Murk is generalized, as I lived through the eclipse, but the greater eclipse of civilization, culture and manners seizes us all, wherever you might be.
    Kindest regards retour.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast