Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS-VT-overseas cap

Article about: Hello. I just saw this SS-VT-overseas cap and want to know, if it is worth spending money on it or better let it go? For me, it looks a bit new and do they wear metal-eagles on it? Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-VT-overseas cap
    P
    Many

Well kind sir my wish is for you to locate and attain another cap, hopefully before we see a future eclipse pass. Which was really much ado. And in this case it s appearently more common to see a natural phenomenon, than it is to find some genuine artifacts in this collecting activity in which we all participate. Which should speak volumes as to how haphazard it can be. Kindest regards once more.

Brian

My friend, in contrast to so many others, I am so stuffed with genuine artifacts, it is something of a scandal.
    I will de accession it all presently. Someone else can worry about it. Hurra!

FB I feel safe in saying that I'm certain myself and others on this site hope that is not the case. We all enjoy the images of the treasures and the knowledge you share about them here. Collections such as yours would require a lifetime of dedication, study, failure, success, and certainly fortune to acquire. I'm sure you can attest to that fact. And I can hardly think that they all could wind up in a single persons possession, therefore a collection such as yours may never be seen again. But I also suppose that is the ebb and flow of life as it is. Besides you may very well enjoy life on your own private island, laughing to yourself about the days when you would spend your time answering "is it real" questions about sculls and such. Long gone could be the land of murky and the world could rejoice at the advent of the Caribbean isle of Bertholdia. Here's to mixed drinks and tiny umbrellas.

Brian
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 08-24-2017 at 03:07 AM.

twf
    ?

Friedrich and Brian, Thank you for your help. As I noted in my original post(s) - the responses went to my junk folder so I did not see them. I am grateful to you for taking the time to respond to my query.
    Best regards,
    Tom

twf
    ?

Another question FB... are you sure the hat is fake? I am AD military and picked this up while stationed in Germany. I found this cap along with an HJ cap in a box filled with 1930's-40's postcards and letters among the household effects of an elderly woman who had recently died. Her family just wanted to clear the house out and was practically giving the stuff away. I suppose fakes can turn up anywhere. Perhaps I can show you a photo of the HJ cap and get your opinion on that?

As I wrote, Bob Coleman is the expert on SA uniforms. There are others. I enclosed for you an example of an authentic cap.
    We here respond only to the evidence before us. I have spent a great deal of time in Germany, once when it was just west, and now all of it
    for quarter of a century, so I am well acquainted with stories. The cap is not SS, so please post it again for Bob Coleman and I defer to what he says.
    I think it is fake. There is also a great deal of fake Nazi regalia in Germany. Good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3