Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS-VT Overseas Cap Eagle

Article about: I really like this item but as always need to run it by you guys first What do you think please? Many thanks Nick

Default SS-VT Overseas Cap Eagle

I really like this item but as always need to run it by you guys first

What do you think please?

Many thanks

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-VT Overseas Cap Eagle   SS-VT Overseas Cap Eagle  

SS-VT Overseas Cap Eagle  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-VT Overseas Cap Eagle
    P
    Many

SS-VT Overseas Cap Eagle Compare....

?

If the cloth on the reverse is supposed to be from the cap, I don't believe there would be a seam as shown. The appropriate application of the insignia lies over an area that is a solid piece of cloth. It does not appear original, to my eye, based on the details present in the photo and upon comparison to others I have seen on both grey and black caps.

This is a photo of a cap with the placement of the insignia to illustrate:

SS-VT Overseas Cap Eagle

The items shown are not my property, the photo is courtesy of a member of this forum.

CMH

I think It's a good one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-VT Overseas Cap Eagle  

Thanks guys for your comments

Mixed opinions so I will need to do some further research

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

such eagles where getting sometimes also placed on front of sidecaps, so possible it has a chance.

This one, I used to own, is a bit different, but I've seen some other designs too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS-VT Overseas Cap Eagle  

?

Robert is absolutely correct regarding the use of these on the later and often-seen field caps. I can recall seeing a few period photos as evidence.

Ben VK posted a collage of different designs that may be of some help here...or perhaps just cloud things further. The thread can be found here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...-fur-ss-29747/
    Another riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. For what my opinion is worth, and it is worth very little as I see it, I am still uneasy with the insignia that started this thread.

Besten Gruß

IMO good one,Nick

Thanks again guys ! I will give it a miss! I cant afford any uncertainty with these items

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast