Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, Ehrentempel

Article about: A soldier of the SSVT 1"Deutschland' as honor guard at the temple of honor (Troost) near the Fuehrerbau, adjacent to the Koenigplatz in Munich.

SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, EhrentempelThanks. The Wildt book is very good, indeed. It is a standard work.

Here is what the postman has brought from my recent trip to Berlin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, Ehrentempel
    P
    Many

SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, EhrentempelSS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, EhrentempelSS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, EhrentempelSS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, EhrentempelSS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, EhrentempelThe more you can read good scholarship, and there is so much in German today, the better a collector you shall be.

More time reading books and less time making and responding to witless digital blogs and angry posts would make for a better world, that's for sure.

and, since the issue arose in another context, let me re state my undying allegiance to Bob Coleman.

I ask that all members here exchange their views with a minimum of rancor and adhere to the simple rules of this site.

I have wasted so much time in the last year navigating touchy situations, in which I am enjoined to remain polite, while others seek new depths at the expense of others.

Bob Coleman has built this site and he has my absolute loyalty and admiration.

The Zeitgeist of the moment is that of rage and hatred, and Adrian and his allies have saved us all from this repugnant spirit.

I thank them.

If you want this resource for your needs, and you do on a hourly basis, then don't pitch it into the crapper.

No one pays us. You did not pay for my collection. You did not pay for my education. You do not pay for my further professional development, which costs
    a wee bit more than your collar patch or cap badge. Yet you always expect to receive from others and from myself the fruits of this effort without even so much as a thank you.

Who are you, really, then, that you then insult and cajole the rest of us with your digital nonsense?

Treat the moderators with the decency they so richly deserve. Otherwise, they will vanish, and I will vanish, and you can fulminate all by yourself with millions of others
    looking for smiling little yellow faces in the drainage ditch over there.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-24-2016 at 01:07 AM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    And, members here exchange their views with a minimum of rancor and adhere to the simple rules of this site.

Treat the moderators with the decency they so richly deserve. Otherwise, they will vanish, and I will vanish, and you can fulminate all by yourself with millions of others
    looking for smiling little yellow faces in the drainage ditch over there.
    So true. my granny told me there is NEVER an excuse for bad manners. Thanks so much to those mentioned above.

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    So true. my granny told me there is NEVER an excuse for bad manners. Thanks so much to those mentioned above.
    Thanks to you, dear colleague, for your signal work here. You have enriched us all a thousand times with your fine collection and your even finer citizenship.

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    and we salute your grand mother, too.....

?

The historical success of this forum is due only to the goodwill and expertise of a select group of individuals. Without their efforts and patience this would be one of many unspectacular internet forums on the subject. What sets this forum apart is not only the genteel manner but the quality of its participants. We are especially lucky to have access to and attention from these people. F-B, Mr. Delich, Mr. Coleman, HPL2008, d'alquen, Wim and of course Ade have helped build the foremost site in regards to our common subject. I send them all my thanks. Those who can not or do not wish to show the proper level of adult behavior required are not welcome. The anonymity of this process spurs bad behavior.
    SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, Ehrentempel SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, EhrentempelSS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, Ehrentempel

Thanks for the nice Struwwelpeter and Innere Fuehrung item. Well done.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-24-2016 at 05:59 PM.

SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, EhrentempelSomeone should adapt Struwwelpeter to the realities of on line militaria fora.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-24-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast