Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, Ehrentempel

Article about: A soldier of the SSVT 1"Deutschland' as honor guard at the temple of honor (Troost) near the Fuehrerbau, adjacent to the Koenigplatz in Munich.

Default SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, Ehrentempel

A soldier of the SSVT 1"Deutschland' as honor guard at the temple of honor (Troost) near the Fuehrerbau, adjacent to the Koenigplatz in Munich.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, Ehrentempel 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, Ehrentempel
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, Ehrentempel

Here is an SSTV soldier in the same role. I assume he is from SSTV Sta. 1 "Oberbayern"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, Ehrentempel  

Here is surely a tourist's image or that of a fellow SS man. Here you can see the texture of his uniform, as well as the man's almost amusing, irritated expression. He might not have had lunch yet. There is a lot good to eat in Munich, of course.

Or, if you look closely, you can see that even in Nazi Germany the national decal on this very desirable SS helmet was.....not....100%!

Perhaps the man realizes that such will debase the value of the helmet in seventy years. That is, his irritation has nothing to do with lunch.

Denkt daran.

In any case, it is a nice picture and shows the uniform and the man's ring, too, to say nothing of how the Kampfbinde is not really attached at its bottom hem; the hand emboridered alu. cuff title, and the whole look at close range.

All levity aside, I am sure these men were ordered to keep their faces downcast in solemn honor of the martyrs of the 9 November, over whom they stood guard. But in the case of this last image, one gets the impression that the order did not really work.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, Ehrentempel  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-21-2008 at 01:01 PM.

This has been my 330th post since the date of my induction here on the 28th of June. I think I should get a marzipan RZM tag or something.

Happy collecting.

Thumbs up Re: SS Wache, SSVT 1, Koenigsplatz, Ehrentempel

FOR YOUR 300 POST YOU WILL BE SENT TO GERMANY.FOR 30 DAYS YOU WILL GO TO EVERY FLEA MARKET AND YARD SALE THAT THERE IS GOING ON.WONDERFUL POSTINGS F.B.

Hi FB, thanks for all the wonderful images and commentary. All very enjoyable.

Cheers, Ade.

Dear Friends, thank you for the kind words. I am actually going to Germany and Austria in September. I have spent a lot of time in flea markets, but it is very hard to find the regalia we seek in such a place. I need Peter Jenkins and Robert Hassler to help me. Special thanks to Adrian for being such a fine host. The last time I found some real piece of NS clothing of merit in a cheapo surrounding in Germany was in 1975. I did find a nice postal cap at the Troedelmarkt in the Kupfergraben in Berlin, though for seventy five bucks a couple of years ago, so I guess that counts. It surely was not an authentic Waffen SS general's cap.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-18-2008 at 06:38 PM.

?

If you go to the Germany then in the beginning of September will be a small but good collectors meeting in Reichertshoffen, not a far from a Munich... I advice you to visit this too ( I'am go too to that meeting to buy the stuff)
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dear Sir, thanks for the tip. I appreciate it. I wish you the best of luck with your search. You have the Euro and I do not, to paraphrase a bon mot of former times.

I once again have learned something new on this Forum. I had no idea that members of the S S T V were honor guards. A day without learning something new is a day wasted.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast