Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe Dachau image?

Article about: Oh yes - Indiana Jones. What a great epic. My absolute favorite of all film history time. A lot has changed on the other side of this fence . . . but some things still remain realtively pres

Default SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe Dachau image?

Here is a Bauer image of Himmler and Hess in warehouses at Dachau described as a Bekleidungslager.......the date is 1936. SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?

I guess the objects on the bottom shelves are helmets stacked on one another....I guess.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe Dachau image?

An interesting image which brings to mind the massive stores of war materials that the camp liberators would come upon some nine years later. Of more significance is the thought of those who passed through the camp and produced these items during that time. Thank you for posting this FB.

CMH

Spiegel has an article about Dachau with some noteworthy images of the Bauer series as well as very early images ca 1933. Viz: KZ Dachau: Modell für deutsche Konzentrationslager - SPIEGEL ONLINE

?

Thank you for this link.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?  SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?  SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?  SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image? 
    Last edited by jHAM; 03-21-2013 at 06:07 PM.

SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?Thank you for the further early images. These 1933 images also make more extraordinary the point of how this system of state terror became a European, world historical phenomenon a decade later and then collapsed in its own singular violence.

SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?481794d1362954579-i-have-a-problem-getting-certain-pictures-to-upload-manion3.jpgSS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?and in its wake it left very few bits seen in these images. The real legacy is in the political realm and its heritage in the present.

?

Superb images and another whole avenue of research of which I can never find enough hours in the day to conduct.
    Thank you FB!

Actually the phrase is Kleiderkammer, and since the inmates only poorly would have worn steel helmets, this image must be the storied innards of the warehouses that transfix us.
    In any case, I thought it would interest some of you. More and more of these Bauer images appear here and there, and I guess they are all in the Bundesarchiv or the Bavarian state archives.
    I would be interested to know of their disposition. The Hoffmann archives was partially saved, but also dispersed. The latter has been extensively researched, but has the former?

?

Certainly noteworthy images, for several reasons. Thank you for posting them, and thanks too for the Spiegel link F-B.

Regards,

Carl

?

This image in itself is quite remarkable and reminds me of the last frames in the Indiana Jones film.

I honestly had no idea of the scale of the place before now and this in the early days!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Wirtschaftsbetriebe  Dachau image?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast