Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS wrap

Article about: Hi guys This one looks veeeery doubtfull for me, but i like the insignia what do you think? Thanks for your time Cheers

Default SS wrap

Hi guys
    This one looks veeeery doubtfull for me, but i like the insignia
    what do you think?
    Thanks for your time

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS wrap   SS wrap  

SS wrap   SS wrap  

SS wrap   SS wrap  

SS wrap   SS wrap  

SS wrap   SS wrap  

Attached Images Attached Images SS wrap  SS wrap 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS wrap
    P
    Many

Press studs?? A new one on me.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post

I am with you on that one too Glenn.

Greg

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    They were actually quite commonly used during the period as it made it easier to clean. I have a few examples myself.

Could you post some pictures of your pieces youtcollector1, im interested to see more of this type of lining.
    And is the posted one here good or?
    Cheers

Can we see the back of this jacket?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by jorkataaa85 View Post
    Could you post some pictures of your pieces youtcollector1, im interested to see more of this type of lining.
    Cheers
    SS wrapSS wrap
    In my personal experience the majority of the time I've found these of para-military items such as the SS. Once I get home I can take a few additional photographs if you'd like.
    Cheers.

Here's another example which is also different from the traditional method of sowing.
    SS wrapSS wrap
    It has been pointed out here via a fellow member who spoke with a tailor or cleaner(I can't recall at this time) from the period that many, especially officers, removed their insignia from their uniforms during the process of washing it. So that one didn't have to repeatedly reapply the many pieces again and again, "he" opted for this method...I think. It would've surely simplified thing in my opinion.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 07-03-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Quote by jorkataaa85 View Post
    Cheers
    I think you are confused about my statement in post four. I was speaking of the attachment mechanism that Glenn and Studly pointed out. I don't own anything similar to the internal lining found in the wrap. Personally, I don't like it, but I've never seen anything like it so my opinion holds no merit. As for the insignia, due to the horrible photographs provided and masking of the runes I can't thoroughly assess it, but they do appear to share several qualities with original examples.

------
    I'm not knowledgable enough to judge the LAH cyhpers either, but the boards themselves look original.

Hi, tunics are not my area as a rule although I have owned several over the years(but no wraps). When I first looked at this I thought it was a good tunic,but then the "poppers"!! Having "pulled" my eye's back in and thought a little, these look good period adjustments to me, like youthcollector says. Why would you not do this if you had the thought back in the day, makes perfect sense and I would personally think that a "faker" would stick to the standard order of insignia application(although we do know there are some very cunning smart arses out there!!) The inner material is "different" for sure, but then again if this were a private purchase you choose what you like within colour regulations. In all I like it, but then again, it's not my money!! Leon.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 07-03-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast