Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS wrap

Article about: Hi guys This one looks veeeery doubtfull for me, but i like the insignia what do you think? Thanks for your time Cheers

I have some Bulgarian tunics with this way of attaching the insignia and collar tabs - In the end of the war i know a lot of people got higher rank because of the casulties and a lot missing officers and they didnt have the time to create and stich new insignia to new tunics so they used this method. At least i know this for Bulgarian uniforms. Might be the case in here as well. But still- the tunic worries me. I like the insignia.

- - ------- - -

pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS wrap   SS wrap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS wrap
    P
    Many

Snap buttons were usually used for insignia worn on garments that needed frequent laundering. Typical examples are washable (white or lightly-colored) summer tunics, sports clothing, nurses' uniforms etc. (An example for the latter from my collection is seen below.) This method of attachment is, however, quite unusual for a tankers' jacket.

SS wrap

SS wrap

?

I had a Hitler Youth winter tunic and the armband had two snap and the triangle had three snaps. That was the only dark colored uniform I have ever owned with snaps.

where are the runes?

Hi guys
    sorry for the late response - here come the runes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS wrap   SS wrap  

SS wrap   SS wrap  

I'm not familiar with tunics,is it common to see quilted lining inside?
    Cheers
    Dave.

Hi all,sorry but I am not crazy for this model wrap and IMO the metal cyphers are fakes/repros.
    Of course a serious opinion need a hand inspection..the metal studs don't bother me, but it is strange for a ss pz wrap (?),strange lining,never seen a similar one before...
    SS wrap
    ...some imperfections not present on original LAH metal cyphers (the other met.cypher on the left is another repro)

These are all 3 original Metal LAH cyphers to compare...
    SS wrap

Quote by ddavies View Post
    I'm not familiar with tunics,is it common to see quilted lining inside?
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Hi Dave, no, not in an issue uniform. But this purports to be private purchase...... It is junk. The give away here is the date to the label. 1938 is too early for an jacket in SS cut.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Dave, no, not in an issue uniform. But this purports to be private purchase......I am not liking it much. It is junk. The give away here is the date to the label. 1938 is too early for an jacket in SS cut.

Cheers, Ade.
    I agree Ade not looking to good.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast