Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SSTV Gruppenbild, "Ostmark," ca. 194x

Article about: as noted No cuff titles that I can see. Thanks to David Delich and David Bunde.

Default SSTV Gruppenbild, "Ostmark," ca. 194x

as noted

No cuff titles that I can see.

Thanks to David Delich and David Bunde. SSTV Gruppenbild, "Ostmark," ca. 194x

- - ------- - -

Do notice the double SSTV numbered collar patches on the one NCO. Not the norm we see, but a fact all the same.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSTV Gruppenbild, "Ostmark," ca. 194x
    P
    Many

Default siehe da

as noted. SSTV Gruppenbild, "Ostmark," ca. 194x

- - ------- - -

Donnerwetter!

Thanks to David Delich and David Bunde. They are pillars of our community. What would we do without them?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Donnerwetter!
    Indeed.

I have never seen a photograph of twin numbered Death's Head collar patches before. Makes me wonder whether there were twin runes-and-unit-cypher ones as well...

Thanks to those providing us with this rare photograph!

?

A very nice and uncommon image. Thanks to F-B, Mr. Delich and Mr. Bunde. We are always happy to view their treasures.

Amazing the info that continues to surface..and the half glass empty people say this hobby is done and nothing else to study. Lazy is what I call it..that they dont get up from their pompous slug armchairs and even try to dig deeper.

Thankyou FB , Mr Delich and Mr Bunde for these rare photos.

Just a special note because of these rare photos brought forth..being a Bladesman ..I have noticed this now SS Officer has not yet received his Officers degen and still retains his NCO degen.

Not that Im wanting to derail the topic..but the afforded rarity of the photos also brought forth the rarity of an SS officer with an NCO sword. Something we dont see too much of.

Below is an obverse and reverse of an NCO degen . Thanks again Gents for such great information which a diamond and this hobby has many facets.

Regards Larry

Last edited by Larry C; 08-21-2016 at 12:35 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Correct me if I wrong as I am witness to an Officers cap with a silver chin cord. Or this man is an NCO? My apologies if Im mistaken
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Correct me if I wrong as I am witness to an Officers cap with a silver chin cord. Or this man is an NCO? My apologies if Im mistaken
    You're not mistaken, Larry. Cap cords, collar patch piping, shoulder boards and belt buckle all tell us he is an officer. Good observation on the sword.

as noted. Click image for larger version. Name: SSTV doublette .jpg Views: 3 Size: 123.6 KB ID: 990674

- - ------- - -

Donnerwetter!

Thanks to David Delich and David Bunde. They are pillars of our community. What would we do without them?
    Do you know which number is on the skull tab?

SSTV Gruppenbild, "Ostmark," ca. 194xDavid Bunde suggested this is unit "Ostmark."

The numeral on the collar is either double digits of Roman or Arabic type.

The shoulder strap may well have a "4."

The young officer with the NCO sword has twisted his sleeve whereby the Hoheitszeichen is not all present to the lense.

David Bunde is a genius of these images, and David Delich is a great blessing for all of us with a serious interest in this regalia.

SSTV Gruppenbild, "Ostmark," ca. 194xHere is the whole thing, though this copy is not of the resolution of the original.

The barracks, if that is it, is not something I recognize, and I know my way around quite a few Austrian barracks, if it is indeed in the Ostmark/ Oberoesterreich/Linz/Mauthhausen AOR.

You tell me.

PS I looked in Mollo and part of the unit was in Berlin Adlershorst and later in Praha. The latter had a lot of this kind of architecture.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-21-2016 at 04:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast