Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sta 31 Niederbayern portrait.

Article about: HPL, The lifespan of the lebensrune badge for the Agricultural advisors to the SS was short indeed. The order you post was from October of 1934, a mere month later this amendment was publish

?

Default Re: Sta 31 Niederbayern portrait.

The RuSHA switched from the Life rune to the Odal rune in 1935. The change probably affected the agricultural experts, as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sta 31  Niederbayern portrait.
    P
    Many

Sta 31  Niederbayern portrait.Thanks for the additional data. Here is the man's Stammrollenkarte. You will see that he was, actually, a political figure of some note, the biography of which my friend in Germany can best decipher. You will also note that he managed to get himself in Dutch with his higher authorities, the reasons for which should be known to someone who does local history in Straubing. Many German towns, especially in Bavaria, have diligent historians who have unearthed this sort of thing and there was a major project by the Institut f Zeitgeschichte on Bavarian in the NS Zeit in which this man might well appear. I have not had time to check.
    As to Angolia, das koennen Sie sich schenken, since the book groans under its many flaws and its derivative of Mollo in most cases. The more I deepen myself in the primary sources, the more skeptical I am about many secondary works.

Quote by Walter View Post
    The RuSHA switched from the Life rune to the Odal rune in 1935. The change probably affected the agricultural experts, as well.
    Thanks. Then this data would explain the difference. The image I enclosed is circa 1936-7 or so.

Sta 31  Niederbayern portrait.Sta 31  Niederbayern portrait.Sta 31  Niederbayern portrait.Sta 31  Niederbayern portrait.The book on this entity is enclosed, and is quite impressive.

Bruce Herman has other documents on this man, which he has promised me copies, and I shall enclose them, in turn. I would imagine that his Odal Rune badge and Rasse und Siedlungshauptamt affiliation arose from his being given SS rank over and above his NSDAP role. In the book on Iglau, and the Nazi luminaries there, this practice is also observed.

No end to the interesting facets of Henini H's cosmos of power, glitter, and rank. And, this sort of thing interests me just as much as who ever Knight's Cross holder clambering on the rear hull of T-34s with various Sprengladungen.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-09-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You will see that he was, actually, a political figure of some note, the biography of which my friend in Germany can best decipher. You will also note that he managed to get himself in Dutch with his higher authorities, the reasons for which should be known to someone who does local history in Straubing.
    Allow me to summarize his biography as detailed in the above document for the benefit of non-German speakers:

Born in Landshut in Lower Bavaria on 2 April 1887 and baptized in the Roman Catholic confession, Josef Reiter was married to Helene Reiter, née Sträussl, who was born in Straubing in Lower Bavaria on 31 May 1889. The couple had three daughters, the first was born on 21 June 1913, followed considerably later by twins on 22 December 1930.

After seven years of Volksschule education followed by attending a Seminar, Reiter became a teacher by trade and also held the rank of a Leutnant in the army reserves.

(The photograph and his SS-DAL entry prove extensive WWI service; he was decorated with the 1914 Iron Cross 2nd class, unspecified Landesorden, the 1914/18 Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer and the Turkish "Iron Crescent".)

An "old fighter", he joined the NSDAP on 5 May 1928 with membership number 85 681, which resulted in his award of the Golden Party Badge. (Apart from this, his SS- and NSDAP awards and decorations were rather unremarkable: He held the SS Death's Head Ring and was presented with a Julleuchter by Himmler.)

He became a party speaker as early as 1928 and eventually rose to Kreisleiter.

Meanwhile, his wife - also a party member - was active in the NS-Frauenschaft and the Nationalsozialistische Volkswohlfahrt.

Joining the Allgemeine SS on 1 March 1935 with membership number 265 615, he was commissioned as an Untersturmführer on 30 Jan. 1936, followed by quick promotions to Obersturmführer on 9 Nov. 1936 and Hauptsturmführer on 9 Nov. 1938.
    Given a severe reprimand on 26 Feb. 1940 for a serious duty violation, he saw one more promotion to the rank of Sturmbannführer on 30 Jan. 1942.

Serving with the III. Sturmbann of SS-Standarte 31 until 1 Nov. 1936, he then became the Welfare Officer of the III. Sturmbann and held this duty position up until 15 Feb. 1939.

Reiter was the Mayor of Straubing until he retired on 1 December 1942.

Thank you for the fine summary of the Stammrollenkarte. Can you find anything from local sources on him within your orbit?Sta 31  Niederbayern portrait.Sta 31  Niederbayern portrait.Sta 31  Niederbayern portrait.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thank you for the fine summary of the Stammrollenkarte. Can you find anything from local sources on him within your orbit?
    Probably not; I must admit that I lack archival contacts and am not as well versed in regional history as I should be.
    (I will keep this person in the back of my head and let you know should I come up with anything, of course.)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Probably not; I must admit that I lack archival contacts and am not as well versed in regional history as I should be.
    (I will keep this person in the back of my head and let you know should I come up with anything, of course.)
    Thanks. I am certain this man has been treated by someone. The IfZ did a huge project on the social history from the ground up of Bavaria in the III. Reich. There are hints of things I found in Google, but I have to do my work, and my trips to Germany have been curtailed by the world slump, or, I should say, my trips to Bavaria, where I have been frequently.

I will have more to unveil about Josef Reiter, and thank you for the fine translation of the SS Stammrollenkarte. best wishes to you, FB

Sta 31  Niederbayern portrait.Sta 31  Niederbayern portrait. Such works as these are what I have in mind.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast