Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Standarte 122 Strassburg

Article about: The collar patch and shoulder board of a black SS uniform of the Strassburg/Elsass Standarte, in this case an Allgemeine SS unit raised amid the integration of Alsace Lorraine into the Reich

Default Re: Standarte 122 Strassburg

Quote by Robert H View Post
    very nice Pascal.

I look for the 73 Standarte and 31 ... so hard to find like everything else these days for our desire.

Let me add my praise to that of Robert H. It seems to me that less black material is on offer since the onset of global depression/recession/Wirtschaftskrise.

It may also be that the other websites have made me dislike collecting, and hence I do not care anymore, but do you gentlemen agree that things are tougher to find?

Thanks to our Alsatian friend for his fine pieces.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Standarte 122 Strassburg
    P
    Many

Smile Re: Standarte 122 Strassburg

Thanks Robert,

Your Welcome Friederich !

The black stuff seems not difficult du find , think each dealer around has "something", money it's much more difficult to find !

Here with a document wich indicate the location of the 3rd Sturm of Standarte 122...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Standarte 122 Strassburg  

Thanks for the document and the further proof of the Allgem. SS going strong at the height of the war.

I take your point on the scarcity of money.

Well said, indeed.

Greetings to Elsass.

and a "SS Unterführer" Ausweis, same Standarte :
    the pic was certainly reissued on this "Ausweis" (former SS Mannschaft Ausweis).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Standarte 122 Strassburg  

Thanks for the additional data. He served in the staff of the I Sturmbann of Sta. 122. My uniform is from the 5 Sturm. I wonder if they knew each other, whoever owned my uniform, lost in the dimness of time.

Thanks to Pascal in Alsace for the wonderful, interesting material.

I freacking love it!

Standarte 122 StrassburgStandarte 122 StrassburgStandarte 122 StrassburgStandarte 122 StrassburgStandarte 122 StrassburgStandarte 122 StrassburgStandarte 122 StrassburgStandarte 122 StrassburgStandarte 122 StrassburgStandarte 122 StrassburgStandarte 122 StrassburgStandarte 122 StrassburgStandarte 122 StrassburgStandarte 122 StrassburgStandarte 122 StrassburgBlack uniforms are present on this site in a way not found elsewhere.

Amazing collection, Friedrik!!! Thx for posting it!!!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The collar patch and shoulder board of a black SS uniform of the Strassburg/Elsass Standarte, in this case an Allgemeine SS unit raised amid the integration of Alsace Lorraine into the Reich later in 1940.
    This makes sense to me as in Pascals post #8..his SS daggers are correct for that period...."Noting the aluminum grip eagle and painted scabbard" I am still amazed at the wear of these black uniforms into the 1940s. Thankyou Friedrich and Pascal. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast