Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Strange Allgemeine-SS collar tabs

Article about: Hello everyone, This portrait just caught my interest. It might be of help so I thought about sharing some pictures. Klaus

Default Strange Allgemeine-SS collar tabs

Hello everyone,

This portrait just caught my interest. It might be of help so I thought about sharing some pictures.

Klaus

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange Allgemeine-SS collar tabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: Strange Allgemeine-SS collar tabs

Thanks for sharing, it's no doubt a very early tunic. I maybe incorrect, but I believe this tunics style of manufacturing to be called cord. If you look close you can see lines within the tunic. Again, thank you for showing this.

I seem to remember that same exact construction of the 58 standarte tab within a collection, but for the life of me I can't remember who's it was.

Does he have officer piping around the tabs?
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 06-13-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks. Yes, that is definitely a cord tunic.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Does he have officer piping around the tabs?
    No; it's white piping:

Initially, the collar patches for other ranks and NCOs were piped with white cord, those for junior officers (Sturmführer through Sturmhauptführer) with alternating black/aluminum cord and those for more senior offcers (from Sturmbannführer upwards) with aluminum cord.

In October 1934, this system was changed and simplified: The white piping was abolished; all other ranks and NCOs now wore the alternating black/aluminum cord and all officer ranks the aluminum cord.

This is quite a nice study of an early black tunic and early insignia (ca. 1933/1934). Thanks for sharing it!

Thank you HPL.

?

Thanks for showing this

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    No; it's white piping:

Initially, the collar patches for other ranks and NCOs were piped with white cord, those for junior officers (Sturmführer through Sturmhauptführer) with alternating black/aluminum cord and those for more senior offcers (from Sturmbannführer upwards) with aluminum cord.

In October 1934, this system was changed and simplified: The white piping was abolished; all other ranks and NCOs now wore the alternating black/aluminum cord and all officer ranks the aluminum cord.

This is quite a nice study of an early black tunic and early insignia (ca. 1933/1934). Thanks for sharing it!
    Well said. A corduroy uniform of early make and an interesting image from the Cologne-Bonn Standarte.

Strange Allgemeine-SS collar tabsStrange Allgemeine-SS collar tabsStrange Allgemeine-SS collar tabsStrange Allgemeine-SS collar tabsStrange Allgemeine-SS collar tabsHere are some of the Delich treasures that are pertinent here. The RZM circulars reveal that in the early epoch of the Nazi regime, i.e. in 1933 and 1934, persons and or units had their collar patches embroidered locally. Such items underwent a standardization in the course of 1934 and later.