Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Study of SS rank tab

Article about: This was posted elsewhere, and I thought it could be used here for educational purposes, both for teaching and learning. It's a invaluable example in my opinion, due to what the moth has don

Default Study of SS rank tab

This was posted elsewhere, and I thought it could be used here for educational purposes, both for teaching and learning. It's a invaluable example in my opinion, due to what the moth has done, for the studying of the separate layers, materials, and construction of these tabs. Hope it proves helpful to insignia collectors alike.
    Study of SS rank tabStudy of SS rank tabStudy of SS rank tab
    Note the usually hidden details, different types of materials, their properties, and how they are constructed to the tab, especially in the areas one is usually unable to see in an mint example.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Study of SS rank tab
    P
    Many

Interesting how the piping ends are stitched and how the pips prongs do not come through the both layers. All hand stitched also-no machining at all. And, are the pips supposed to be turned in the directions that they are-particularly the middle one?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It's interesting to me that the prongs of the pips don't go all the way through...is this standard or perhaps custom-made? SS Rank has always been a challenge for my eyes...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    It's interesting to me that the prongs of the pips don't go all the way through...is this standard or perhaps custom-made? SS Rank has always been a challenge for my eyes...
    cheers, Glenn
    I forgot to add that the reserve picture is the rank tabs counter-part. There wasn't a picture of the rank tabs reverse posted, so I used that for reference. Sorry for any confusion.

The front of the back shown in the initial post. Again, sorry for any misunderstanding. They are, however, a matching set.
    Study of SS rank tab

?

The pipings was normally added by soldiers, or by professional tailors, being the uniforms was assembled. Nothing strange, that tailors not a sewing machines with markings on the hands- approved by RZM, due of that- different techs
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics