Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????

Article about: WW2fanatic....I do have to say that the photos Friedrich has posted over the years speaks more in volumes,, then what words can express. I am not an SS cap collector,,but within less than a

Default Re: Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????

WW2fanatic....I do have to say that the photos Friedrich has posted over the years speaks more in volumes,, then what words can express. I am not an SS cap collector,,but within less than a years time I began to see differences in characteristics on many varied caps. I saw the one you posted and knew ,, it had reproductive issues.

You came to the right place when you posted that cap............if you stay awhile and be fed,,your knowledge will grow. I can not hold a candle in knowledge... to the amount of information that is known by some of the greatest minds in this hobby on this forum. Stay awhile if your serious enough,, you wont be sorry,,but the professors here do not "molly coddle" their students. Hard lessons sometimes.... but beneficial rewards Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????
    P
    Many

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I wonder what he was thinking right before he bit that capsule. I'm sure he wasn't thinking about all the fake SS items we would have to sort through 70 years later.
    You betcha!

- - Updated - -

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I am particularly fond of this cap. I think I've seen you post it several times, or at least ones like it. If I could only have one, I think this would be it.
    Thank you. I will reserve it for you when the time comes. My best, FB

Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Eine kleine Muetzenkunde.... compare.

Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????stamp on peak.....

Because of our pictures, the fakes of said stamp are much better than they once were, so one has to look very closely.

The authentic stamp I enclose is smudged, but it is spot on.

Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Paspel.

Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????which face is lovelier?

Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????...or this....?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????...or this....?
    Is it a sign when the lower band of material behind the scull is lighter black than the top? and as well the piping seems to be far worse quality than yours FB?
    Are these observations correct?

Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????
    Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Is it a sign when the lower band of material behind the scull is lighter black than the top? and as well the piping seems to be far worse quality than yours FB?
    Are these observations correct?
    The cap band is velvet, whereas the cap cover is a woolen, doe skin sort of. Velvet photographs differently.

The piping in the fake is poorly done, versus the trim, straight appearance of the authentic piece. The general's cap is not mine, but that of a friend of Richie C's and a fine piece it is, to be sure.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????Super Important!! SS Allgemeine SS Officer's Hat Real or fake?????

The cap band is velvet, whereas the cap cover is a woolen, doe skin sort of. Velvet photographs differently.

The piping in the fake is poorly done, versus the trim, straight appearance of the authentic piece.
    Thanks for the clarification I do not handle German caps often.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast