Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Tagged SS wool multi piece brassard

Article about: Hello to all! I wasn't anticipating purchasing a SS brassard this year let alone three. But I couldn't pass up this nice early tagged example. It has the perfect amount of salt to it and as

Default Tagged SS wool multi piece brassard

Tagged SS wool multi piece brassardTagged SS wool multi piece brassardTagged SS wool multi piece brassardTagged SS wool multi piece brassardTagged SS wool multi piece brassardTagged SS wool multi piece brassardTagged SS wool multi piece brassardTagged SS wool multi piece brassardTagged SS wool multi piece brassardTagged SS wool multi piece brassard

Hello to all! I wasn't anticipating purchasing a SS brassard this year let alone three. But I couldn't pass up this nice early tagged example. It has the perfect amount of salt to it and as the seller noted black thread that once attached it to it's tunic can still be seen. I hope you all enjoy it. As always any comments are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advance and best regards.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tagged SS wool multi piece brassard
    P
    Many

One can observe the "oval" shape of the roundel on the originals on these. A good study for those who have questions of authenticity & what to look for in an original
    D.

Thanks David I try to get as detailed shots as I can, especially of the fabric and stitching. I love the variances in the three, each have their own character and fingerprint. For the sake of clairity, the upper armband is cotton and the two lower are wool, the bottom one being the tagged example. Best regards.

Brian

Im jealous that you have a tagged 1934 example...well done Brian
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry I'm certainly happy to have it in the collection. Best regards.

Brian

?

This and the SA ground Rohm, Your having and awesome Christmas!!
    Another great pick up and like Larry mentioned an early one.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Ya Phil I had a heck of a year collecting and believe me I am grateful for it! I missed out a couple months ago on the oakleaves document, and a nice parade tunic a couple of weeks ago but no complaints from me. Thanks brother.

Brian

raz
    ?

I don't know why but it seems like there is a lot of German memorabilia in Pa. . Did you pick most of your new items around the area Brian ? Nice pick up for sure. You are on a roll....

Hey Raz to be sure there is alot of militaria floating around these parts, with the amount of blue collar jobs like mining and manufacturing in the state this part especially was heavily populated; and mostly with middle to lower class working people so, certainly alot of them and their children were combatants in the war. One of the most famous local veterans was Michael Strank (one of the marine flag raisers on Iwo Jima, KIA there as well). But unfortunately no, these pieces I did not purchase locally the cotton band was from Bill Shea and the two wool bands I purchased from the same seller I met off of eBay. I m also in the process of purchasing an early Perkuro cap off him as well. I'd love to buy locally but there are some folks who travel in my circle with similar tastes, who have deep pockets and I can't compete, so I half to be savvy and study alot. Here's the tunic I missed out on. A local item. Best regards

Brian

Tagged SS wool multi piece brassard