MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Talking about Germania items..

Article about: Yes mate, sorry for not replying. No problem, I'll just hold off writing the description until it arrives

?

Default Re: Talking about Germania items..

The cap is definitely not a KM, due of piped and similar to the LW in construction. I newer saw stampings like that, but I feel something I don't like in that cap, IMO a better way to touch this cap, definitely I can't give my opinion on this one.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Talking about Germania items..
    P
    Many

?

Posted some better pics on WAF. Found out the cap belonged to a member there about 3 years ago. It's a small world.

That will be where I saw it then

Cheers, Ade.

Dear Friend,

it's always hard to tell good ss or good km cap with these kind of model, but I had a very similar Km model with the same interior, and yes agree the ss stamp seems to be a post war job.
    the cap is good, but the history of this cap is a other problem

Seb.

?

Hi Wolfy, and you think the stamp is a post war job because?

Ben, Wolfy is a bad boy, he is dead in waf...

because I don't like the Waffen ss cap with a "SS stamp" or "SS maker" or just the Algemeine SS VT political items of course.

take a good stamp take a good oversea and a miracle is born, a new ss cap is here !

this stamp seems to be a bogus, but not sure...hummm good investigation for sure....

As Ben will testify, caps are not my strongest area. The cap itself is fine, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. And for all i know the stamping inside is legitimate. But, let me try and put my thoughts on this into perspective. ...............

You enlist, or are drafted into he Army. An army at war. The nice recruiting people issue you with a uniform, you take it away, and proudly wear it. And the first thing you do, is put your name in it, with your number, Why? Because if some being steals it, or you loose it, YOU have to pay for it. This type of thing has been going on for years, its not a new thing. And the Germans would be no exception. Would you put your Regt in there? or would you put your name in there? If it was lost, and found, it would go back to the Regt, not the person. What reason would there be to put a Regt inside a cap?. Maybe the stamp has the same wear as the cap, maybe the stamp is legit, maybe the whole cap is bogus, Who knows, and does it really matter, as long as your happy?

There..I'll probably take some flak for this

Its all good fun..........I hope

?

I'll bring this topic back up because I decided to sell the cap but the stamp is obviously proving to be the kiss of death!

John, your theory makes sense but I've learnt that you see quite a lot of things whilst collecting this stuff that don't make sense or don't conform to our ideas of what went on back in those days, especialy when it comes to stamps. Plus, original headgear with unit stamps but no names are not uncommon.

Here's a few examples.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Talking about Germania items..   Talking about Germania items..  

Talking about Germania items..   Talking about Germania items..  

Absolutely agree 100% Ben I've had them too, on visors, but never seen anything like that on an overseas. The stamping may be legit, the cap certainly is, but as you say, kiss of death

?

Well, I'll just hang onto it for the time being. Answers to these questions always seem to come along sooner or later.

Did you get my email?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast