Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The textbook black SS officer's cap for sale

Article about: Arthur Hayes, whose work of the early 1990s pioneered a genre of colored picture books on this material, has this cap for sale. I detest the phrase "textbook," as no thing really e

Default The textbook black SS officer's cap for sale

Arthur Hayes, whose work of the early 1990s pioneered a genre of colored picture books on this material, has this cap for sale. I detest the phrase "textbook," as no thing really existed in real life, but for those who follow collector taste, this is a not insignificant object. The textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for sale

I have no commercial interest in this object, to be sure, and this item is illustrated in various books. It was made by Clemens Wagner ca. 1938 or 1939. The cap is for sale on the ding bat maroon website.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The textbook black SS officer's cap for sale
    P
    Many

Default Re: The textbook black SS officer's cap for sale

The textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleI already own more than one of these objects....

?

What is his price for the cap?

Kris.

The textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleFourteen thousand five hundred dollars, which is less than the other for sale on a well known site.

The Hayes cap is the normal model of officer's cap, that is, a non Sonderanfertigung cap.

To be very frank, I do not know the prices at which these things truly change hands....
    I merely offer these images to the collector world as a foot note, and likely a meaningless one.
    However, there is much excitement that attends items in published works, and I have no interest in same.
    This intervention is not intended to unleash a flood of damnation about dealers, prices, or whatever.
    I acquired a cap identical to the Hayes one in 1978 for about eight hundred dollars and sold it three years later. It, too, was 56 cms. and still had the tissue in it....
    Sic transit gloria mundi.

FB-
    Thanks for posting this excellent cap. The prices on these items certainly baffle the gray cells of those of us who have collected for many years. I purchased my first black officer cap in the mid 60's for $75.00. It was quite similar and named to a Dr. Muller.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for sale
    Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    FB-
    Thanks for posting this excellent cap. The prices on these items certainly baffle the gray cells of those of us who have collected for many years. I purchased my first black officer cap in the mid 60's for $75.00. It was quite similar and named to a Dr. Muller.
    Thanks for yours. I like images of authentic material, and this image shows the "scull" in its natural habitat.
    I cannot generalize about the prices, other than I pay too much for this stuff.
    I am thankful that I could secure such objects for less than their 2011 price, however.

I can't help but agree with Bob. I remember back then, when it was crazy money to pay $300 for a black SS hat. I, too, picked one up from a vet at a flea market about the same time for $125 and grumbled about the price for some time after! As the old saying goes: If we only knew then what we know now.... Having said that, I think I'll have to pass on this one...lol William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

All hail the hopes we nourished in the past and the huge sums of that distant moment, which now seem somewhat absurd. The first black SS uniform I secured forty years ago cost all of 275 dollars in trade, and this sum was thought to be staggering, insane, absurd, and preposterous. The textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for saleThe textbook black SS officer's cap for sale

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast