Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Textiles

Article about: by octavian I find the fabric information key here. Im sure i will have bunches of questions to annoy you with FB, but to know the exact specifications can only help us out. Thanks again, an

Default Re: Textiles

TextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextiles
    Quote by octavian View Post
    I find the fabric information key here. Im sure i will have bunches of questions to annoy you with FB, but to know the exact specifications can only help us out. Thanks again, and this is by far my top thread i have saved in my bookmarks. More often than not a fabric and stitching by itself can give away a fake! Make this a sticky thread please.
    Please ask whenever you want, to the extent that we can help you.

The digital medium is far from perfect, really.

However, we can proffer more knowledge than had by others of us in the earlier, mid 20th century epoch.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Textiles
    P
    Many

Howdy FB,

Would you or other members have a good picture(s) of bolts of fabric? I'm curious to how they were managed and shipped out to tailors.

FB wrote:
    One hardly need add that an officer bought the textiles from the clothing retail outfit and had their uniform tailored in most cases, though the SS had ready-to-wear garments for use through their supply system.
    Watch the scene in Zuckmayer's Hauptmann von Koepenick where the Waffenrock is made for the fussy officer to see an example of such a uniform tailor. The scene is in You Tube, I think, in the 1931 and 1950s filming of the story.

TextilesThis image is courtesy of Mr. d'Alquen's great picture archive of the well photographed visit of Hitler to the LAH barracks in Lichterfelde in late 1935.
    This is the quartermaster area of the locale, I guess, with bolts of field grey and black fabric.

Textiles a cloth sample. In this case for the BdM. This is not mine. I do have a book swatches of cloth.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-20-2012 at 04:08 AM.

TextilesI have an image of a brauner Laden (uniform goods retail store license by the RZM in this case), which contains textiles, as well. The military and uniform retail shop here contains finished items and textiles for the use of a tailor, as you can see the bolts of cloth.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-20-2012 at 03:13 AM.

TextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesThe story you want to study, dear Octovian, is contained here. The book of early wartime, Uniformen und Soldaten, describes in complete detail how uniforms were made on the antique and industrialized basis. The book was part of the vocational training and propaganda of wartime, as the Germans invested a major effort in training all concerned for the exacting requirements of uniforms versus civilian clothing.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-20-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Quote by octavian View Post
    I find the fabric information key here. Im sure i will have bunches of questions to annoy you with FB, but to know the exact specifications can only help us out. Thanks again, and this is by far my top thread i have saved in my bookmarks. More often than not a fabric and stitching by itself can give away a fake! Make this a sticky thread please.
    The specifications of fabric are contained in the RZM Herstellungsvorschriften, which only an expert can decipher. That is, the specifications are in a very specific German of the era.

TextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesTextilesHere you see extracts from Uniformen und Soldaten. The patterns hang ready for the cutters to use to mark bolts of cloth, in this case, Peek und Cloppenburg in the making of army field blouses, I think.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-21-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Thanks FB this is exactly what i was needing to know. Appears to be a standard meter yard wide and hard to determine on the exact length. I was going to ask you about Fieldgrau and Black, but you provided excellent pics. I wonder if the cloth sample you have is a Standard from a production run? Something to compare likewise fabrics, so a tailor would make sure everything was within strict SS guidelines?... just a guess. Awesome information FB

The cloth sample I have enclosed is a picture of one with an RZM leaden seal to indicate its regulation character.
    I have book of a cloth samples, which is no longer complete. It does include NSDAP and SS textiles. It is why I bought it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast