Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Theodor Eicke gut ????, am definitivsten ja !!!!

Article about: I do not get tired of seeing this fine tunic. I would certainly love to 'mind' this piece for my lifetime! Bob Hritz

Default Re: Theodor Eicke gut ????, am definitivsten ja !!!!

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    The insignia on that tunic is a blinder

Very nice skull
    the feldgrau bit is nice as well. however, come the day, probably better to get the scissors out and.............................

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Theodor Eicke gut ????, am definitivsten ja !!!!
    P
    Many

How can anyone here authenticate a tunic without detailed photos? I agree, from what I can see, the collar insignia is very nice, as are the eagle and cuff title original. Better photos of the tresse, interior eagle stitching and shoulder boards, plus tunic details would be needed. There is much more needed to see if this tunic and insignia have always been together.

Bob Hritz

Wasn't trying to authenticate the tunic Bob, just saying I like what I see with the insignia

oh well , I will do my bit and try and oblige. I will dust off my Box Brownie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Theodor Eicke gut ????, am definitivsten ja !!!!   Theodor Eicke gut ????, am definitivsten ja !!!!  

Gentlemen, he came, he saw, he conquered ! , .....he is not asking for it to be authenticated, he knows !......

a couple of more shots for reference. with the expediency of a jeweller's loupe, the thread used on the back of the eagle is the same thread (sic), spin and twist etc. used for the belt support eyelets and other features. the tresse is celleon.the rear of the cuff title has a few pulls, the collar patches are " doeskin " . all the metal buttons are JFS 42. it also has the idiosyncrasy of a Heer Waffenfeldwebel sleeve badge. worth £25 quid of anybody's money.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Theodor Eicke gut ????, am definitivsten ja !!!!   Theodor Eicke gut ????, am definitivsten ja !!!!  

Theodor Eicke gut ????, am definitivsten ja !!!!   Theodor Eicke gut ????, am definitivsten ja !!!!  

Theodor Eicke gut ????, am definitivsten ja !!!!   Theodor Eicke gut ????, am definitivsten ja !!!!  

The more I see it, the more I LIKE it!! Heer specialty badges were commonly used by the Waffen-SS.

Bob Hritz

That's welcome news, surely. My British colleague is a fine man and his presence here is a boon to us all. Thanks to Mr. Hritz, too, for his acute examination of the textiles.

How nice when the stitching radiates happiness rather than fear and loathing.

I shall be away from this space for awhile and greet all with foetid woolens near and far.

Servus, FB

This is one of my favorite Tunics that I have seen on here. Very nice.

thank you for your comment. unfortunately, like a lot of other things we possess, we are merely " minders "

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast